The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Not Working Out  (Read 230 times)

Unfie

Not Working Out
« on: February 20, 2011, 12:25:18 pm »
Ugh. Layonara hates me. I was fighting a kobold leader and almost killed him, but then I had a 60 second freeze. Next thing you know, I'm dead. The lag continued with 30-60 second freezes with 10-15 seconds in-between all around. Not sure if it's going to work out for me. :(

willhoff

Re: Not Working Out
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2011, 12:32:19 pm »
You might want to try going into options in game and changing/turing off the settings on grass, creature shadows, etc. to reduce the lag.  Also, I think if you change the speaker or music options it might help as well.

Not a tech guy but that seemed to help for me.  Hope its of some use.

~Willhoff

Serissa

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2011, 02:51:11 pm »
Also, be wary within several hours of a reset. Opening a house for the first time can cause a bad lag for everyone.

Chazzler

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2011, 09:38:15 am »
Yeah, I've taken in a policy for myself concerning big housings and opening them. Such as the Angels, Orc Bashers or Angels' Storehouse in Central.

I simply Tell people about what I'm about to do and tell them it'll cause lag for a moment, and ask them if they are in a spot that's safe.

Serissa

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2011, 12:14:25 pm »
Very good idea, Chaz.  Sometimes, though, you don't know whether the place has been opened.

ycleption

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2011, 01:48:29 pm »
Agree on the turning your graphic settings down - specifically, shiny water and creature shadows give people a lot of problems.