The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: OH boy... *shakes his fists at Bioware*  (Read 748 times)

Hellblazer

OH boy... *shakes his fists at Bioware*
« on: August 03, 2011, 02:38:56 am »
So installed a new HDD today and wanted to make a clean instal of the game on it. Everything is fine until I need to make the update of the game.. and it tells me to get the critical rebuild. I copy the link into my browser, and I ger redirected to the new bioware forum.. no links what so ever to download the critical rebuild.

So.. since Bioware has obviously stopped it's support of the game (there's no download section for the game on their new ea/bioware website that I could find.) Here's the link to the critical rebuilt 1.69 I found on the vault.

Note: If you're using the diamond english version of the game under windows, you'll need this update NWNEnglish1.69HotUUpdate.exe

The following users thanked this post: Dezza, Filatus, Chazzler, scifibarbie, Ravemore, Mooneyes, willhoff

Mooneyes

Re: OH boy... *shakes his fists at Bioware*
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2011, 08:07:24 am »
Been there done that....took forever to figure all that out.

Jilseponie Wyndon

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2011, 11:30:08 am »
I have the Platinum Version and I needed the same file as well.  The 1st time I downloaded it, I saved it in a separate file b/c I just knew .. I'd need it again.  Glad I did.

scifibarbie

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2011, 01:24:30 am »
this might be a good thread to sticky.  O.o

Chazzler

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2011, 02:22:47 pm »
Or you can download it from Bioware's site (yeah they still have that file)
http://files.bioware.com/neverwinternights/updates/windows/english/NWNEnglish1.69HotUUpdate.exe

Found this by googling.

Hellblazer

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2011, 03:41:38 pm »
That strange, it didn't come up when I did google for it.

Mooneyes

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2011, 05:38:45 pm »
Well it took me to bioware too..but I couldn't find it.  Oh well...now it is saved in a file just like Jil.

Nehetsrev

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2011, 05:59:59 pm »
If you've got a CD burner, I'd suggest burning the Critical Rebuild file, along with your favorite hacks and overrides for NWN to a disc that you keep with your other NWN discs.  That way you'll have them all together in one place if you should need to re-install due to a harddrive failure or something of that nature.

lonnarin

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2011, 06:10:42 pm »
Or in case Bioware/EA Suddenly decides that offering support for past titles cuts into their Dragon Age sales.... again.  (remembers when they destroyed the download links for previously purchased NWN Atari modules due to the split they had with Atari during the release of NWN2)

Hellblazer

« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2011, 07:49:26 pm »
Yep, just thought it would be a good idea to post the link for future players on the server.

drakogear

« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2011, 09:46:50 am »
As it would seem Bioware, since joining with EA, has given up NWN. Both I one and two think. Neither are on there site anymore and if anyones noticed that when logging onto multiplayer, it brings up a message saying it can't connect to the master server. I.E. Bioware server.

Not really sure when all this happened but really surprised me when trying to install/updadel NWN