The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: One of those days filled with depression. :(  (Read 69 times)

Diamondedge

One of those days filled with depression. :(
« on: August 05, 2005, 01:11:00 pm »
I should have turned back. But there was no use trying to explain to my heart that, well, if the spiders OUTSIDE the cave were that tough, chances are, the DMs are plotting my demise.

But no, I lost control of my body. So Turor went rushing into the cave, hoping for Malachite and Bronze.

There was no Malachite there when I got in; Someone had recently mined it all. Kobolds beat me down a bit, but I handled them and healed up.

I go to mine the nearby vein of copper, and a group of Kobolds spawns, and kills my ox, and knocks me down. I bleed all the way from -1 to "-11", and get Turor his second Deathtoken.

So, I figure to take a break. I come on to the forums, still haven't recieved word from Mixafix about my CDQ. But "He'll get back to me", like he said he would on the 31st. I look around for other available DMs and the only one that I've found with an available slot is opposite to my time frame.

Grumbling, I go downstairs to do my laundry so that I can get ready for work tonight. There was about 10 mL of laundry soap. Folks are out of town, so there's no use whining about it, I won't get it. So my clothes are going to be semi-clean tonight, and tomorrow my uniform is going to smell bad.

I go to my room to check my mini-fridge for my pepsis. There's three left. Grr. I'm out of my shampoo too, so I'm going to have to do the whole... washing of the hair with the woman's shampoo thing again. *shakes head*

Need new razor blades, so I can't shave either.

And then I come back and Tiran Tentoes hasn't been approved yet, but there've been others that have, that were submitted after him. So I bumped that thread to catch some attention.

It's just one of those days, eh? Don't worry, though. Bessie's still alive. I'll just... RP... she got away. And I have to pay 100 gold for... healing. Her. *nods* Bessie. The ogre-killing ox can never die.

Diamondedge

RE: One of those days filled with depression. :(
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2005, 01:22:00 pm »
Yea, it's... me and whining. Venting more like. *shrugs*

Acacea

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2005, 01:46:00 pm »
Diamondedge - 8/5/2005  1:11 PM
Bessie's still alive. I'll just... RP... she got away. And I have to pay 100 gold for... healing. Her. *nods* Bessie. The ogre-killing ox can never die.

Acacea is not so lucky- when her oxen die, they die. But it's okay, because she's going to write a ballad of the lost oxen.  

On the subject of bad days, if you look at this chart here... Never mind.

I'll stick with the usual "That sucks."

General_Ski

• View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: August 05, 2005, 01:46:00 pm »
    I had that happen a few toimes. Only I managed to make it through bleeding profusely. //attack +bonus were less in sum than my ac. And then the spiders. I barely managed to leave with 1 hp. I think it's a matter of people not cleaning up the spawns... But that's why I don't even mine solo these days.

Diamondedge

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2005, 02:17:00 pm »
    Nah, this time it was my spawns. *sighs helplessly* Nothing shall go right today... *sighs again*

General_Ski

• View Profile
      « Reply #5 on: August 05, 2005, 02:18:00 pm »
      Cheer up. Round up a group. And go clean out Sielwood and broken forest.

Diamondedge

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2005, 02:32:00 pm »
      No. Hunting isn't fun on Layonara. You see, I have tasted glorious RP. Glorious RP that is so glorious that no amount of XP can take that glorious RP taste out of my mouth and make me settle down and kill things for a level.

There are a few people that I WOULD hunt with, but only because they RP every step of the way. So it's like... rum and coke. Both at the same time, y'know? So it's its own taste. But still... RPing is more fun.

And squashing ogres in Haven. That's fun too.

Acacea

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2005, 02:41:00 pm »
      Acacea can happily get you killed, if you ask her! You know. "I'll watch your back!" 30 minutes later at the bindstone... "So, about that arrow..." "Shaddup."

Always happy to be dealing death tokens!

Also, when her oxen are down, they're down. Stomped into the dirt. But she's going to write a Ballad of the Lost Oxen or something appropriately ridiculous.

Don't you love how I don't even realize I've said things already? I really, really need a nap. But it's too late for a nap.

Also, when I get a small amount of sleep,  I may dream that I'm still playing and it gets confusing. "Was I in the Nameless Dungeon with Mettew and Remiel the other night?"

*hangs head*

Germaine Lorn

• View Profile
        « Reply #8 on: August 05, 2005, 05:54:00 pm »
        Haven Mines, wuz a good 'un werkin' wif yoos.  Mebes me bairn be needin' a role model an' all.  *grins*  Mebes me bairn be needin' a fav'er.

Mary Blood Axe

Force_of_Will_

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2005, 07:46:00 pm »
        LOL

I remember after one update when oxen where unkillable and attacked any hostile creature.
        That was funny to watch an ox kill the gnolls on Barbarian Isles or take out some ogres.

Diamondedge

« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2005, 04:37:00 pm »
        And of course, today, when I'm having an awesome RP with Acacea, my toe hits the powerbar switch and shuts my computer down. Grr... *saddened* Sorry, Acacea. Can't come back on, I work in an hour and a half... I hope you'll understand..

Er... Tiran, uhm... Passed. Out. Yea. *shrugs*
        Or... I dunno.

Acacea

« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2005, 04:57:00 pm »
        It's okay, don't worry about it. Happens all the time. She posted a notice at the inn about the orc, though.

Zhofe

• Followers of Ilsare
          • Followers of Toran
          • View Profile
        « Reply #12 on: August 06, 2005, 11:10:00 pm »
        Hey, just be lucky it isn't one of those few months.

Oh, and any time you want some good role-play, or bashing and role-play, or rum and coke, or just some coke, or anything like that, you can call me up, alright.

Diamondedge

« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2005, 03:40:00 am »
        One of those "Months"? Hah, that's what it's turning into!!!

Today I was swamped at work and was an hour and a half late leaving. Which really sucks. *sigh* Oh well.

And then a certain halfling is never going to Hlint again so my characters are going to be mortifiably sad!

anything