The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Opening of Star Traders A greeat Tradeing Post  (Read 206 times)

Opening of Star Traders A greeat Tradeing Post
« on: December 04, 2005, 02:53:00 pm »
Hi

I would like to start a ingame tradeing post and I need to know how I go about it. Wha t I want to do is gather a group of crafters together and sell what we craft anmdd alwso shareing in the gathering of the matriel needed in doing these crafts. The plan will to  be to open a store in every major city in the times to come. I thijk this well proviode a lot of RPG acion and getting certsain could get interesting. Please tell what I need in order to get this approved.

The main reason I want to do this is that soon I will not be able to play the game very well in a combat sense as I am loseing all feeling in my hands. However I can still craft and I really enjoy the game. IK woulkd like to call it Star Traders. I wait for your reply

Thank you

Talan Va'lash

RE: Opening of Star Traders A greeat Tradeing Post
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2005, 07:35:00 pm »
To acctually have an IG location to run a shop (like the orc bashers currently have) you must submit and create a guild which may later be allowed to open an acctual store.

There are a number of rule about submiting a guild such as the founder must be level 12 or higher (I think) and you must have at least 5 interested future members to submit.  There is also a fee of gold for submiting and any property the guild will purchase will also have to be payed for.  This can cost between 100-200k gp depending on what you do.

You will most likely only be able to have one "store" location if you follow through to that point.  Though you wouldnt really want more as it would be difficult to staff.  one in every city would be impossible to staff, and there arent enough players spread throughout the world to require that kind of a real estate presence heh.

Note:  I just breifly outlined some of the rules, and my listing is by no means guaranteed to be comprehensive or accurate.  Please look up the rules for guilds by searching for them on the site.

-TV

Edit: Star Traders has kinof a sci-fi futuristic feel to it.  Even though theres nothing "wrong" with such a name (its not like stars were recently invented heh) the sci-fi pop culture has kindof tainted it, especially since it almost looks like "Star Trek".  Something similar but without that exact wording would have a tone and feel more appropriate to the setting.  

Such as:

Full Moon Trading Company or Full Moon Caravans
The Twilight Traders (though this one sounds like a cover for a thieves guild heh)
Even "Bright Star Traders" loses the sci-fi connotation, or "Blue Star Caravans"

Feel free to rip any of these off either directly or alter them to something you like better ;)

cptoad

• Followers of Vorax
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2005, 07:58:00 pm »
thats great to hear, but i have to warn you it takes a lot of work to get one going.  first thing is find some mates and start a guild, that is work in it's self. from there you can start a shiop in the guild house, till you can figure, if a shop is even possible.

the orc bashers were founded on the same notion, as a merchant guild, but after a year with players coming and going it has been a challenge to keep the mebership up at times. Also, my advice would be to a well rounded crafter. all the different crafts are fun, and many times dependent on others.

have fun and if you need any advice on crafting send me a PM

G

Talan Va'lash

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2005, 08:24:00 pm »
Join the orc bashers.  they already have a store and if they need members *shrugs*

ye jus' gotta put up wit workin' wit a gobbo! Har!

-TV

Serissa

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2005, 08:45:00 pm »
Other trading companies, such as Raven, sell from the homes of the participants.  I think that is what is intended here.

cappyra

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2005, 06:08:00 am »
If you want to get started and need an outlet the Leilon Arms is open every Friday and has a merchant area that is free for all to use.  There are 4 - 5 merchant stations available.  Just PM Derrick, Jharl, Quin or Kali to set up a reservation.   You can always just show up or send a tell to see if a station is available.

You can use the crate at the station to place your items in for customers to browse.  This has worked I think extremely well so far.  

I hope this helps.

miltonyorkcastle

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2005, 06:32:00 am »
two major merchant guilds exist already.  one has been mentioned, the Orc Bashers, the other is the Freelancers.  As far as I know, both are willing to take on new members.  even if you still want to make your own, i would suggest joining one of these guilds for now until you are able to create your own, if only for the experience and knowledge of seeing how they work here.

freemen2

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2005, 10:25:00 am »
Someone knows the Freelancers EXIST!!! Muhahahaahahhaaa *cough, cough...runs around the forum like Doc* :p

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2005, 04:58:00 pm »
Aho All

I want to thank you all for allowing me the chance to do what is needed to devlope the now renamed Brightsky Traders. I own a House in Leilon now that coulds be used for the store if that would be allowed. I will find the information on setting up a guild. As I now know I must be Level 12 to start the guild my next question is can I start saleing stuff now? I will await your reply.

Wintersheart

• View Profile
    « Reply #9 on: December 05, 2005, 05:26:00 pm »
    You dont need a guild to operate a trading house and in many ways it will be easier to begin as a more informal group. I would suggest either workign alone or with a small group of friends first - then after awhile if you still stick together and have enough money you can always start a guild (just be aware of the requirements for guilds and the rules concerning guild membership).

You are free to operate your own store - Geir, Burr, Skarp and I run the Raven Company and we dont have a guild. Just be responsible with the prising etc.

:)  :)  :)  :)