The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Perform  (Read 267 times)

Zhofe

• Followers of Ilsare
    • Followers of Toran
    • View Profile
Perform
« on: August 20, 2005, 09:24:00 pm »
Okay, so here is something I have been wondering. Is there any reason, other than Bioware coding, that non-bard classes can't take perform?

As a preistess of Ilsare, Vivian would like to get better at playing the Violin. Is it possible to have Perform be a cross-class skill for everyone? So that anyone willing to put points into it could atleast get a little better?

IDii

RE: Perform
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2005, 09:28:00 pm »
BioWare thing I guess... Since it's "useless" for other classes they don't want idiots taking it and then complaining why it does nothing.

Zhofe

• Followers of Ilsare
    • Followers of Toran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2005, 09:35:00 pm »
Well, yes, I know THAT much, but I wanted to know if there is any way we could change that here for RP purposes. Even if it IS useless I would dump a bit in for Viv, just so that she could play the Violin a bit better.

lonnarin

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2005, 02:59:00 pm »
I'd love to see it opened up as a crossclass skill to everybody except for bards and monks who'd get it as a class skill, per PnP skill sets, and to allow the CNR instruments to be held by all classes.  Things like music and dance, while being mastered by bards, are in no way exclusive to the profession in real life.  They're such a part of culture and religion that most every cleric should ba able to take it to join the choir, and drunkards get better at tavern songs no matter what their day jobs are. ;)

Luckily we can still roll the skill on the dicebag right now.  Rakish has made the exceptional tiger belt for himself just to improve his drunken singing and jigs to keep his spirits high on the road.

Destropterammer

• Followers of Vorax
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2005, 03:02:00 pm »
Everyone can hold the instruments im told, but Bards are the only one able to make them or put them to other use than purely RP.

Gulnyr

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2005, 07:18:00 pm »
The violin bow requires Simple Proficiency, so Monks can't hold it.

They have to play pizzicato...

Acacea

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2005, 07:21:00 pm »
Yeah, that was kind of disappointing. Poor Jennara.

Edit- Oh, great. No sleep for me at all.

Eight-Bit

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2005, 07:28:00 pm »
Acacea - 8/21/2005  10:21 PM

Yeah, that was kind of disappointing. Poor Jennara.

(Psst, Key plays a mean fiddle. So...)

Sleep lightly. -_-