The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Plane of Shadow?  (Read 290 times)

kenty191

Plane of Shadow?
« on: March 29, 2006, 07:15:47 am »
Hi all. I was wondering about the plane of Shadow and how layonara deals with it, this not being FR and all. But I just read in the handbook that layo deals with the planes in the same way as FR.

So my question is, can anyone tell me anything about the plane of shadow?
I was hoping layo might have it's own setup I could follow but it says FR planes, which I don't know much about.

Thanks

miltonyorkcastle

Re: Plane of Shadow?
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2006, 07:39:32 am »
Ask in-game.  Your character will eventually get pointed toward someone that knows something about it.

Weeblie

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2006, 08:13:24 am »
That's how I even found out there was a shadow plane... ;)

Witch Hunter

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2006, 08:59:37 am »
To get there....

one must go into the portal within... ....     ....   HLINNNNNNNNNNNT WELLLLL!!!!!!!! THUD THUD THUDDDDDDDD!

Yeah ... :o

miltonyorkcastle

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2006, 09:06:29 am »
*snickers*  worse things can be found in the Hlint well than the Plane of Shadow.........

Witch Hunter

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2006, 09:07:26 am »
Rumors has it that a paladin trout of Toran was sent there to cleanse the evil that lurks within.

SuperMunch

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2006, 09:12:29 am »
I don't get it...

What's this fixation everybody has with shadows?  Is being "normal" in a fantasy RPG too normal?  :)

I'd like to grok this but I fear it has something to do with stuff that an ancient geezer like myself (30 in a few days) will never understand.  :P

EdTheKet

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2006, 10:28:22 am »
Actually, the Handbook says:

"Layonara follows the normal D&D rules regarding rules for the Planes and how they are called. "

which is slightly different from what you say.
And as for: "Your character will eventually get pointed toward someone that knows something about it." The character will think that he'she knows something about it ;) Whether it's true is a different question altogether... :)

DarkMerc_1017

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2006, 04:20:16 pm »
Witch Hunter - 3/29/2006  12:07 PM

Rumors has it that a paladin trout of Toran was sent there to cleanse the evil that lurks within.

and its trying to stop the Salmon of Corath there to bring evil to all that drink the water muuuuuuuhaaaaaaaa

-----
IN TIME THE STUDENT BECOMES THE MASTER
"a hero is no braver then an ordinary man he is just brave 5 minutes longer"
"courage is fear holding on a minute longer"
"he who fears being conqured is sure of defeat"

Witch Hunter

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2006, 05:11:25 pm »
NooooOooOooOooOoOooOooooOOOOooo! the Salmon of Corath!

Black Cat

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2006, 06:41:13 am »
No I assure you that there is nothing at the bottom of Hlint well, but a slightly spoiled water.

Been thrown down into it by a stupid playful Half-Giant the other day, all I got down there was a cold *sneezes*.

(though he said there was something evil at the bottom I didn't see anything, perhaps water IS evil to a half-giant?)

DarkMerc_1017

« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2006, 06:51:44 am »
It seems you are lucky I guess that the Salmon of Corath was siting and waiting for bigger fish to fry. But he is there and he will get you muuuhaaaaaaaaaaaaa

-----

kenty191

RE: Plane of Shadow?
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2006, 08:03:30 am »
This thread is just weird now....*sighs*

Ozy_Llewellyn

« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2006, 09:40:04 am »
That’s for a few reasons. There are probably only two players with any real experience in the plane of shadow with their characters, and only one of them has some hard information on it. Layonara and the planes are very distant from one another in all actuality. Contact with outsiders or even inner plane beings are limited and mystical to all but the most powerful. Sorry to disappoint but recommendations were to ask around in game. Try bards, they generally know something even if its fiction. Have a pleasant day, and I suspect I'll be seeing you in game.

NEXUS7

« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2006, 10:02:28 am »
My PC MAc is From Sigil and knows some thing of the plains but not V layo hes lost on the Layo Prime plain and just finding out about gods
nerer mind getting to other plains, so not all bards are of use as he is one.

But ask him for the Book on the cage and cutter he'll rip you a page of lemon this side of the spin.

SuperMunch

« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2006, 10:15:03 am »
If you want a different version of the plane of shadows, ask Freldo.

Every customer gets a different story and satisfaction is guaranteed!  If you ask the right questions you might even get his theory on the true forces that rules the universe, you'll be surprised to hear it.

Really, I just don't get it - why are some folks so obsessed with shadows?  Why not the Plane of Cuddly Bears or the Plane of Cheese?  Hmmmm.... cheese....  :P

You know Ozy, I really admire you - you have so much patience with us newbies I sometimes think you're a bot.  :)

kenty191

« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2006, 12:03:46 pm »
Ozy_Llewellyn - 3/30/2006  5:40 PM

That’s for a few reasons. There are probably only two players with any real experience in the plane of shadow with their characters, and only one of them has some hard information on it. Layonara and the planes are very distant from one another in all actuality. Contact with outsiders or even inner plane beings are limited and mystical to all but the most powerful. Sorry to disappoint but recommendations were to ask around in game. Try bards, they generally know something even if its fiction. Have a pleasant day, and I suspect I'll be seeing you in game.

See now if I had read that somewhere I wouldnt have asked in the first place! Thanks Ozy, that's the first useful comment I've read on this thread :) No offence everyone I'm sure the salmon of Corath meant well!

[edit] actually Edtheket gave some good advice too ;) wouldnt like to forget anyone!

DarkMerc_1017

« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2006, 04:42:32 pm »
kenty191 - 3/30/2006  3:03 PM

See now if I had read that somewhere I wouldnt have asked in the first place! Thanks Ozy, that's the first useful comment I've read on this thread :) No offence everyone I'm sure the salmon of Corath meant well!

[edit] actually Edtheket gave some good advice too ;) wouldnt like to forget anyone!

lol thank you  ;)

*looks around and says in a low voice* but he is there I tell you muhaa

//ps. I could not stop myself lol but all in good fun   :D  

-----

anything