The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Have to blow off some steam  (Read 80 times)

Grid Blader

Have to blow off some steam
« on: September 22, 2006, 10:34:22 pm »
I took my wife out tonight, she has been very understanding about Layo.  She has helped me out here as well (I can face it I can not spell and have to ask here all the time how to spell words).  Very nice dinner, walked around the shopping outlets and spent way to much money, but it was nice, and then the movie happened.  We went in to the movie theater, sat down, and it was a new movie so the seating was limited.  The movie started, The couple on the side of me talked throw out the whole movie (on my left side).  Well I parshal (Spelling again) Death in my right ear.  I asked them nicely to please be quite but it never stoped.  A good movie, I would bet if I was able to hear it.

I guess what I am trying to say is, I spent my hard earned money to listen to I love you, no I love you, oh no I love you more. Throw out the movie.  Well I got that out.

darkstorme

Re: Have to blow off some steam
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2006, 11:32:58 pm »
Unfortunately, such things happen.  I'm far too much of a movie fanatic to do it myself, but I can certainly understand the temptation (my girlfriend is wonderful, and I rarely pass up any opportunity to tell her that I love her. *grins*)  As you said, you went out for a lovely dinner with your wife, and went out shopping (if you like it, more power to you - otherwise, kudos for taking a bullet for your wife. *grins, a smidge sardonically*).  This seems enjoyable enough.

Even if you missed out on the movie - that gives you a chance to rent it at a later date, and snuggle at home.  You suggested that it was a good movie, had you had the soundtrack - so it'll be worth renting, and then you and your wife can enjoy it without annoying seat-neighbours.  Don't let a couple who let adoration override etiquette spoil a nice night out.

That's basically my philosophy.  Enjoy the good parts of life, and if something tries to rain on your parade, sing in the rain.  (Corny, I know.)  Think of it the way Bush wants the world to think about terrorism - if they upset us, they win!  Don't let annoyances win.  They're not worth it.  It sounds like you have a lovely wife, and you had a nice night out.  Sounds like fun to me.  *grins*

NEXUS7

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2006, 03:11:11 am »
O man I hate that, I have had mupets in shows talking and I find saying very lousedly "SHUSSSSS or I call the maniger" normaly gets them to shout up.

Also Focus in your normal miltiplex is aurto and is often wrong and have even had films out of sound sink, Im the one who walks out and gets the cinimatogrifer to fix it v the maniger or its cash back and free tickets.

As for your spelling dont worry mine sucks as well, I bet your smart thow

Zelda1

• Followers of Folian S'pae
    • Followers of Lucinda
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2006, 08:33:20 am »
...I have wifephobia anyway. And I probably would have punched one of them out..

jrizz

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2006, 09:25:10 am »
haha wifephobia! is that the fear of wives or being a wife?

Zelda1

• Followers of Folian S'pae
    • Followers of Lucinda
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2006, 10:14:53 am »
Fear OF wives. I've actually experienced it myself, and other wives.. scare me.

lonnarin

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2006, 11:17:11 am »
Times like those you buyt the greasiest chilie dog at the concession stand and start the chemical warfare. ;)

CHAzz

• View Profile
    « Reply #7 on: September 23, 2006, 11:38:33 am »
    I'm fairly certain that one of the problems is the emergence of the home entertainment system as a standardized setup in most homes.  People don't have a problem with talking at home in front of their TV, so they don't develope the awareness that their chatting is bothering others at the theatre.  One problem with this is we aren't teaching our children to respect those around them.  We need to turn off the movies at home if the kid isn't watching the film we put on for them to watch.  Get them to understand that if they aren't interested in watching the movie, then they don't get to watch the movie.  The hard part of this is getting them to understand that they can't ask questions of the film constantly.  When my wife and I went to the Superman film we had a child asking questions constantly throughout, usually in a falsetto mock whisper.  His parents would just tell him to be quiet, which caused him to whisper louder.

anything