The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: PST evenings are really slow :(  (Read 245 times)

jrizz

PST evenings are really slow :(
« on: April 30, 2010, 01:51:55 pm »
How many of you regular players are in the PST time zone?

I sit down to computer free time after about 8PM or so PST and I am finding for the most part very few folks (single digits mostly) on at that time. This has been the case for quite a few months now so I dont think it is the old "must be finals time" issue ;)

Kenderfriend

Re: PST evenings are really slow :(
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2010, 02:12:12 pm »
In Gmt timezone there's usually no-one on at all when I check on the site. Sometimes one or two on the occasion. So I don't think it's just you ;)

Alatriel

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2010, 02:15:50 pm »
Eastern time we usually have at least something going on between 6-11pm, unfortunately, 11pm is when a lot of people head to bed because they have to work in the morning- and that would be 8pm your time.  Some stay up later, some start a bit earlier... There's usually stuff going on with the Aussies during their evenings as well, but once again... that's a big time difference for Pacific

gilshem ironstone

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2010, 03:07:03 pm »
If I know that is when you are on, I should be able to be there on most weeknights.  I am usually on 10EDT to about 1pmEDT, you want to see a ghost town?  A lot of times, I am the only one on either server.

Quote from: jrizz
How many of you regular players are in the PST time zone?

I sit down to computer free time after about 8PM or so PST and I am finding for the most part very few folks (single digits mostly) on at that time. This has been the case for quite a few months now so I dont think it is the old "must be finals time" issue ;)

lonnarin

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2010, 07:02:37 pm »
Exam period doesn't help either.  I'm usually available 7-11 pm weekdays and try to be on all day weekends, but GTA IV and PnP cut into that time as well.

Ravemore

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2010, 08:36:32 pm »
I'm PST and on quite often... :)

lonnarin

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2010, 12:07:55 am »
remember lads, it's this bloody slow because its exam period in the US.   but just in case... RECRUIT!  Get your own mother playing Layo!  What, ye afraid Kurn might shack up n marry her? HAR!

Get every lad you know a unused CD-Key, and lets make some mayhem!

EdTheKet

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2010, 04:42:02 am »
Was just thinking, if everyone is staring at the server status and see nobody is on, and therefore don't log in, it's a self-fulfilling prophecy.
somebody looks at the status, doesn't see anyone, doesn't log in, other person looks at status, doesn't see anyone, doesn't log in either.

Maybe what could work is that if you find yourself doing this, and you see many people logged in to the forums, you make a quick post along the lines of "Anyone else looking at the status and wanting to play now?" and then get a few.

Might work?

Hellblazer

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2010, 05:05:35 am »
I myself have been doing what Ed just posted. I plan to get more hours again in the game soon though, as soon as my batteries are fully recharged. YOu know my gaming time jrizz.

Guardian 452

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2010, 11:46:49 am »
I doubt it is possible to code into NwN but with EQ2 we had the the ability to go "AFK" as we can here. Also we had the ability to be "LFG" = Looking For Group. Then all who opened up a window seeing who was online... their was a seperate section showing everyone who was "LFG"

Now I doubt such a thing is possible with NwN but perhaps we can just make a "LFG" section or post here on the forums?

G-452

Dorganath

« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2010, 12:18:51 pm »
Remember also that IRC is a good tool for getting people together and hanging out.

Hellblazer

« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2010, 12:25:47 pm »
Quote from: Guardian 452
I doubt it is possible to code into NwN but with EQ2 we had the the ability to go "AFK" as we can here. Also we had the ability to be "LFG" = Looking For Group. Then all who opened up a window seeing who was online... their was a seperate section showing everyone who was "LFG"

Now I doubt such a thing is possible with NwN but perhaps we can just make a "LFG" section or post here on the forums?

G-452

It may or may not be possible to do IG, but I'm fairly confident it is possible to do on the forum though. Example if you have an option that you can turn on and off, that would add to your forum name "looking for group". People would be able to see that when they look at who's on the forum (way down below).

jrizz

« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2010, 02:20:56 pm »
The LFG thing is a great idea! That would really help a lot.

Ravemore

« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2010, 04:15:46 pm »
I second that!!!

anything