The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Question about Character Develppment  (Read 92 times)

ItalianDDog

• View Profile
    Question about Character Develppment
    « on: April 24, 2006, 10:29:34 am »
    IT is said in a Wemic's description that they are illiterate. They never write anything down. Believe in word of mouth..

Therefore I want to keep a CDT on his advancement to Weapon Master(planning to take at lvl 10) and not sure if I should be keeping a journal b/c would be against the race. Any suggestions?

Weeblie

Re: Question about Character Develppment
    « Reply #1 on: April 24, 2006, 10:34:50 am »
    Thoughts/monolog maybe? :)

Example:

*you see a lonely Wemic sitting by the pond in Hlint, murmuring for himself*

Hm... Those strange humans. Impatient ones. I wonder how they can (...).

crazedgoblin

RE: Question about Character Develppment
    « Reply #2 on: April 24, 2006, 10:39:37 am »
    maybe it is written in third person or do it as your wemic is telling the story instead of writting it or just memorys?

Shadowblade225

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2006, 11:08:59 am »
    Character Development threads are not limited to by any means "Journals".  They are not journals unless the person who plays the character wishes them to be.  I play a wild elf (which sadly I haven't played for many months) who did not speak common.  He could not read, he could not write - so I had him "carve" into trees signs and symbols.  Additionally I used the album section to visually portray to the DM staff his development.  Search for "Nith'wiel" and you will see what I mean.  Also, character development can be begotten through poetry about your character, revealed as thoughts by your character, or you can even write conversations your character has with an NPC you make up. (Keep the "stature" of NPC's to a minimum however(i.e. make him/her a "peasant" or "common fighter" as opposed to "king of the wemics" unless approved by the Layonara team)).  The methods of character development are virtually unlimited.  Get creative! Think of neat ideas, record RP your character had when no other PC's were present including DM's.

ttdavet

• View Profile
      « Reply #4 on: April 24, 2006, 11:39:27 am »
      The character development thread for my character has no explaination.  It is simply his thoughts.  They are not written to anyone, they are not a journal.  Just his thoughts written out for the sake of character development.  Have fun. I look forward to reading some that you write.

anything