The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: question for those who have NWN 2  (Read 309 times)

ItalianDDog

• View Profile
    question for those who have NWN 2
    « on: November 24, 2006, 05:41:30 pm »
    I heard a rumor that you can not sit in chairs or on benches or any of that? Is this true?

ItalianDDog

• View Profile
      RE: question for those who have NWN 2
      « Reply #1 on: November 24, 2006, 06:41:28 pm »
      Disregard... found out you can't. However the devs and the community are working on it.  Should have been released with game if you ask me... seems this game has been rushed. However it has REALLY great potential. Just found out it has the feat monkey grip :D yay

Acacea

Re: question for those who have NWN 2
      « Reply #2 on: November 24, 2006, 07:10:30 pm »
      There are already chairs and such released that you can sit on.

Talan Va'lash

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2006, 07:35:36 pm »
      NWN1 has no built in way to sit on chairs either.

A script to make a chair you can click on and sit in is incredibly easy to write though.

ItalianDDog

• View Profile
        « Reply #4 on: November 25, 2006, 01:52:15 am »
        yea I know. But you would have figured following the community it would have been built in nwn2?   oh well. Ive been with nwn since launch day 1.   If nwn2 goes as far as nwn1 did after release there will be great things to come.

The script is easy.. however setting the levels in nwn2 has problems. i.e. gnomes/halflings sitting below chair bottoms.. stool levels..  sometimes pc's sit high up in the air. Not to mention getting npc's to walk around, sit, etc. Anyway...  should be interesting to watch all the things that happen.

Ceylo

• View Profile
          RE: question for those who have NWN 2
          « Reply #5 on: November 25, 2006, 10:58:38 pm »
          I would gladly relinquish chairs and seating if they could only get NWN2 to perform reliably enough. Many people, with decent computer specs, are having some serious problems with its performance, or lack of it.

Acacea

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2006, 11:06:54 pm »
          I heard the patch made a huge difference.

Ceylo

• View Profile
            « Reply #7 on: November 26, 2006, 07:00:30 am »
            The last patch I heard about was the 1.03 patch; that I've loaded and seen some improvement. But it's nowhere near as stable as the traditional NWN in terms of performance.

Has there been another I'm not aware of?

Pankoki

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2006, 07:40:49 am »
            I highly doubt it'll ever be as fast as nwn1. But for me the 1.03 patch went from like 20 fps in water areas to a good 50 fps. A huuuuge improvement. Not to mention a lot of mechanical ones too. Its a lot better than the original release, but by reading the news on the nwn2 forums, it seems to be very varied as to what actual computer you use.
              Hehe and you don't want to read through the 20 something pages of people saying "Oh its fast for me!" "Oh its slow for me!".  

steverimmer

« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2006, 10:49:31 am »
            Its funny.... I only installed NWN 2 a couple of weeks ago and I didn't like it at first but now I'm finding I'm really getting to like it now :)  

One of the things that I really really like is that inspite of its improved graphics etc, it's never crashed on me.  In fact I have to say that it seems a lot more stable on my system than NWN 1 is, which does and always has, crashed relatively often.

Berginyan

• Followers of Dorand
              • View Profile
            « Reply #10 on: November 28, 2006, 06:59:42 am »
            You know what, you're right, I never really thought of it until just now...as far as crashes go NWN2 hasn't crashed on me at all, not even the toolset.  Granted I have a far better machine now too, but still....it's much more stable.

I'm trying desperately to keep myself from going into the campaign again with another char to see what I missed the first time...and am I crazy for actually liking the map travel system?  I mean PW wise there is so much you can do with it, ok ok 'hypothetically' I 'think' there is alot you could do with it.  

Well, aside from the fact that it would seem every map point would have to be on its own server ;)  ok so I might be kidding, but as it stands I think every town would have to be its own module if nothing else. It's just the beginning of NWN2 so who knows!!

anything