The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Questions about multi-classing, leveling, and epic levels.  (Read 73 times)

Grayald

• View Profile
    Questions about multi-classing, leveling, and epic levels.
    « on: June 28, 2005, 12:06:00 pm »
    I've been trying to plan out a character that I plan on submitting when I get the game in a few days, but I haven't been able to find a really useful compilation of info.  What I have, I pieced together from various sites, and there are many gaps in the info.  This is where my questions come in.

I'm thinking of doing something like Fighter (5), Barbarian (15), and then becoming a weapon master and continuing advancement into the epic levels.  I'm confused about how it works though.  

Is this character possible?  

Would the class change from fighter/barbarian to weaponmaster, or does it tack the prestige class on as an additional multi-class, making it 5 fighter, 15 barbarian, 20 weapon master at max?

Thanks.

ZeroVega

RE: Questions about multi-classing, leveling, and epic levels.
    « Reply #1 on: June 28, 2005, 12:17:00 pm »
      Your Fighter (5), Barbarian (15) split, will work. Should it get approved you must take all 5 Fighter and all 15 Barbarian levels by level 20, and keep the levels fairly close as you're going there... (ie: Don't go 1 Fighter level, 10 Barbarian, 4 Fighter, 5 Barbarian)
        As for Epic, leveling on Layo is fast in the beginning. (I'd say the first 6-8 levels) Then there's something we call the level 10 hump, very difficult to get over, then it gets easier until perhaps level 15(?) when it becomes hard. You must play a character on Layonara for 1 year before you can even submit a request to begin taking Epic levels. Once you submit your request you must complete an ECDQ (Epic Character Development Quest) which usually has several parts. If you complete it then you may commence taking Epic levels...
        However you must have other ECDQs at levels 25, 30, and 35 aswell as you advance through your Epic levels. Basicly, plan for your first 20, then see where your character's development takes you.
      ZV-

Grayald

• View Profile
      RE: Questions about multi-classing, leveling, and epic levels.
      « Reply #2 on: June 28, 2005, 01:04:00 pm »
      So I'd have to do something like 1 fighter, 2 barb, 1 fighter, 3 barb, 1 fighter, 4 barb, 1 fighter, 3 barb, 1 fighter, 3 barb, or something similair to keep them close while leveling?

As for the level 10 hump thing.  I'm familiar with this concept somewhat.  In many mmorpgs there are hell levels as we called them, which are hard to pass.  However, I'm a firm believer that games, especially a game like NWN which is based on D&D, and especially especially in a world like this one, should be about adventuring, not gaining levels, so I'm confortable with it.

And a whole year before being able to submit for epic levels?  That's a long time, but I like it.  Probably weeds out the powergaming "leet dewdz."  I hadn't read that anywhere yet, and think it's a good idea.  Well maintained NWN worlds are vastly superior to any mmorpg on the market in my opinion.  A year here would certainly be more enjoyable and rewarding than an mmorpg (massivly money-grubbing online game.)

Anyhow, my main point of confusion was whether or not what I was planning was possible, what with all the feat requirements and stat requirements and such.

But the correct number would be 5/15/20 in the end, and would be possible?

Thanks again.