The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Questions about New Characters  (Read 146 times)

Necromedon

• View Profile
    Questions about New Characters
    « on: June 20, 2005, 10:49:00 am »
    k, I was just approved for my very first character, Necromedon Rensir!  Yea!  But now what?  On my character submission I had Necromedon as a Barbarian 5/ Bard 5 and Skald 10.  I wasn't approved for the Skald because it is a new character and I have to work into that, if that is what happens in the game.  However, I was approved for a barbarian bard split.  Does that mean that when I sign up on the server and create my character that I somehow make it a 5/5 split.  Or does that mean I start as a lvl 1 barbarian and in the game I am allowed to work it up to a 5/5 split?  Also, I was told that I needed to keep a character development thread in order to perhaps later apply to become a skald.  How does one go about keeping a character development thread?  Anyway, hope someone out there can help me out, I'm excited to see what the world looks like.

Necromedon
    The pain of life is quieted by the silence of death

s0ulz

RE: Questions about New Characters
    « Reply #1 on: June 20, 2005, 10:52:00 am »
    You start as level 1 and when gaining levels you have to have at least 5 levels of each class by level 20... That includes prestige classes. It is preferred if the split is kept as close as possible. I suggest you start a character development thread in the C. Dev. Forum and if it is any good you'll be getting Skald when the time comes :). Just make sure you work towards it.

Harlas Ravelkione

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2005, 10:54:00 am »
    You can do start your barbarian/bard split as you like it, as long as you end up with 10/5. You should not take 10 of one first, and then the 5 others. Please have your classes as close together as possible.

Regarding the character development, look into this thread to see how others have approached the matter:
    http://www.layonaraonline.com/forums/forums/forum-view.asp?fid=34

You can apply for a Character Development Quest (CDQ) when you think you are ready to apply for the Skald class.

I hope that helped.

Harlas

Necromedon

• View Profile
      « Reply #3 on: June 20, 2005, 12:33:00 pm »
      Thank you for the help from both of you.  I will look into that forum for the information on character threads and development.

Necromedon