The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Request for Lower Level Quests PST  (Read 205 times)

RomonaBlack

• View Profile
    Request for Lower Level Quests PST
    « on: May 22, 2005, 03:50:00 pm »
    I live on the california coast and I would love to join some quests but they are all either too high level wise (I'm at level 3) or they are really early in the morning 2am etc...  I was wondering when some quests might be held that are built for levels 1-10 or so and if there are any already what they are? :)
    Thanks,
    Romona Black

Variable

RE: Request for Lower Level Quests PST
    « Reply #1 on: May 22, 2005, 06:55:00 pm »
    Most quests are usually level 8 and up especially plot quests i think that i have heard it said is that they are quite dnagerous, and it is pretty easy to get to level 8.

I have also seen that there are often a lot of quest PST the Nomads quest today was at 4 PM PST, both of Milo's Quests this week are at 4 PM PST, and I'm sure there will more after the new GM applications as well.

Talan Va'lash

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2005, 09:41:00 pm »
    the reason there arent a lot of quests for the 1-8 level group is that characters dont stay in that range for very long so its hard to get a group together for them, especially if the quest is going to run multiple sessions over a period of time.  Your 1-8 characters will no longer be in that level group by the second or third quest.  Also, even if there is a good group when a quest gets posted, they're likely to be out of that range when the quest acctually happens (1-2 weeks later.)

another thing is, its hard to justify IC turning away higher levels.  Turning away lower levels is easier to justify IC i.e. "Were looking for someone more capable for this job." or "This is too dangerous, you'll likely fail/die."

Basically, the only way to turn away higher levels (except where there may be a certain individual that may be turned away for IC reasons like past actions or such) is OOC.  The Lieutenant of X army isnt going to say "Were looking for someone less capable for this job." or "This is too easy, we want someone that it will be harder for."

The first answer is the real answer, the second answer is me pontificating on some other related topics your post made me think of.

-TV

Edit: edited for typo

RomonaBlack

• View Profile
      « Reply #3 on: May 23, 2005, 06:34:00 pm »
      Thanks, I am just having trouble leveling up and getting together with groups thats all.  I thought that quests could help me get to know people better and level up at the same time.
      -RomonaBlack :(  :(

Philip of Altdorf

• View Profile
        « Reply #4 on: May 25, 2005, 04:50:00 pm »
        Hiya,

Just read your post.  And I couldn't agree more.  I am "stuck" on level 4, unable to get more XP as quests are too hard (as you mentioned) nor kill monsters worth more than 20xp..  I can't travel far or I get splatted! or minced! or diced! or squashed!.

If you still need help and I'm online send me a tell (I'm Germaine Lorn) and I'll help, or at least die with you :p.

I'm in the UK so my late night's would be your early-mid evenings I think.  If that helps you all?

Good luck with the search.