The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Quality tools (picks, shovels, and wood axes)  (Read 55 times)

jrizz

Quality tools (picks, shovels, and wood axes)
« on: October 18, 2005, 10:48:00 am »
Can bronze or iron picks, shovels, and axes be crafted and will they be more resistant to shattering and more effective (the tools from the merchants tend to break quite a bit)?  If this is possible where can I find the recipes? If not, can we add this to the crafting system some time in the future?

cappyra

RE: Quality tools (picks, shovels, and wood axes)
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2005, 11:12:00 am »
I am pretty sure that tools can be made with Tinkering and are made in the Toolbox.   I have never made them... but I would if the were better than the rotten handled, brittle tools that the Merchants sell =P

I have to carry between 6 and 8 picks when I go mining =P

KageKeeper

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2005, 11:39:00 am »
Just guessing here, but I am not sure that there are any recipes for those tools in the CNR system (could be wrong).

Another reason, possibly, is that having to buy them from the merchants when they break is a money sink. Keeps the economy going and prevents further hoarding of coins.

I could be way off base here though. :)

Doc-Holiday

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2005, 11:41:00 am »
I never have any coins any how...

I spend all my money on chisles...

stupid goblin skulls... stupid sword... stupid me stabbing rocks and mining golbins... brains don't make good potions

Gilrod

• Followers of Lucinda
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2005, 12:22:00 pm »
Last I checked there were recipes for most tools in the Tinker's Toolbox workstation in the craft hall.

I believe most tools (like axes and pickaxes) require iron and oak supcomponents.

jrizz

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2005, 12:55:00 pm »
are they better then the ones you buy from the merchants?

Force_of_Will_

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2005, 01:25:00 pm »
You make tools in tinker station and they need Iron.
Easier to buy the tools.
Also they have Pick axes of diffrent kinds of metal,but they cannot be used for mining for some weird reason.

jrizz

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2005, 02:08:00 pm »
are the ones you make better then the ones you buy? If not then of course there is no reason to make them seeing that you would need to get iron and work it in i am sure more then one palce and more then likely need molds also then you would need oak and sandpaper and then you can make the item, all the while chances to fail all along the way. This is time consuming so there should be a benifit of doing it. Such as a pick that is more effective or resistant to shattering.

:)

anything