The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: some clairifacation please  (Read 239 times)

Praylor Falcus

some clairifacation please
« on: December 20, 2006, 05:27:09 pm »
I am thinking of putting a circle four fire on my old sword which now has a circle two fire on it. While i know the circle two will be lost. I am some what perplexed by the level requiremnets and what is the effects of such an action.

some basic facts to be considered....

My level 14th

type of weapon : Iron long sword

I ask this as when i found a circle four fire the level requirement on it was 18th...but according to the charts I at 14th should be able to wield this weapon with this enchantment upon it.

My question: Is the level requirement only the level of the one applying it or is there something else not being figured into this i am unaware of, and once applied to the weapon will the level requirement drop to 14th as per the charts,  so i can use it or will it remain 18th level and be worthless to me for some time to come .

Vyris

Re: some clairifacation please
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2006, 05:37:01 pm »
About 8 posts up in the 'stickied' section of this here forum there is a whole list of things, and what things do what to those things. Also, at the top left of the forum section, under 'search' you could have typed in 'level requirements' and found a ton of stuff. Are you adding the level requirement onto the base level requirement of the itself.

Vyris

Gulnyr

RE: some clairifacation please
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2006, 05:51:34 pm »
Praylor Falcus - 12/20/2006  8:27 PM

My question: Is the level requirement only the level of the one applying it or is there something else not being figured into this i am unaware of, and once applied to the weapon will the level requirement drop to 14th as per the charts,  so i can use it or will it remain 18th level and be worthless to me for some time to come .

The rod itself is level 18 to use and apply to a weapon.  The iron weapon with an elemental rod IV applied and no other goodies is level 14 to use.

Acacea

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2006, 05:59:40 pm »
Since he refers to the charts in his question, it appears that he has done so already, so referring him back to them doesn't do much ;)

Level 14 should be correct if there is no Silver/Titanium, however even with one of those at IV as well, the requirement should be 17 and not 18.

So if you saw one that was 18 with only elemental on it, perhaps it was something more custom, like a drop that was enhanced?

Edit- Oh, the rod. Meh! Beaten again. :)

Praylor Falcus

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2006, 06:34:42 pm »
no this was the enchanment itself ...but the answer from Gulnyr was the point i was trying to get clear...it takes a 18th level to apply it and then the level requirement drops to 14th to be used ..as long as that is all thats on the blade...(ie. no silver or titanium)