The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Some information on NWN2  (Read 551 times)

d20mushroom

• Followers of Corath
    • Followers of Prunilla
    • Followers of Vorax
    • View Profile
RE: Some information on NWN2
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2006, 12:16:32 pm »
Grr... I can't wait. While some classes are very similar, others (the bard) have a ton of new/changed things. It looks very interesting indeed.

Honora

« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2006, 12:32:45 pm »
"Bah! It should turn enemies into squirrels, penguins, and other demoralizing small weak animals"

I know a certain Duke of H-E-Double-hockey-sticks that would dispute penguins being "small and weak" :) !

And OOO did you see what monks get for damage now?  OoooOOOO!!  And Flurry of Blows loses the to hit penalty over time?  OOOOOOOOOO

Yep.  Gonna be a monk again.

Gulnyr

« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2006, 12:59:59 pm »
Honora - 9/6/2006  3:32 PM

And Flurry of Blows loses the to hit penalty over time?

When using a flurry of blows, a monk may attack only with unarmed strikes or with special monk weapons (kama, nunchaku, quarterstaff, sai, shuriken, and siangham).

It's nice to see they made it work with more than just the kama, too.

crazedgoblin

« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2006, 01:26:31 pm »
d20mushroom - 9/6/2006 8:16 PM Grr... I can't wait. While some classes are very similar, others (the bard) have a ton of new/changed things. It looks very interesting indeed.

Bards rule! hehe

Wraithdur

« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2006, 02:27:40 pm »
so.................many..........choices..........*drools for waaay too long*.............grunt

d20mushroom

• Followers of Corath
    • Followers of Prunilla
    • Followers of Vorax
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2006, 04:13:59 am »
http://nwn2forums.bioware.com/forums/viewtopic.html?topic=493878&forum=95

Characters will be able to pick backgrounds as well. (I'm not sure if this is all of them.)

EDIT: Some more information.

http://www.nwn2wiki.org/Background

crazedgoblin

« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2006, 04:50:20 am »
*bows down to d20mushroom* all hail, all hail

Davaeorn

• View Profile
    Re: Some information on NWN2
    « Reply #27 on: September 09, 2006, 08:34:22 am »
    After playing on servers with the PrC, most of these classess I've actually seen before. The one thats looking the most unique to me and I will most certainly be playing on Layonara vs 2.0 (I'm assuming there will be one... Right?) Is of course, the bard. The Warlock is also looking to be rather nifty as well though.
      -Valenor

Marswipp

« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2006, 10:25:27 am »
    The Warlock and Eldrich Knight class combination, I believe, compliment each other in a way that might be too good to be around long.
    Playing D&D 3.5e, D&D 5e, Pathfinder, and exploring Starfinder through a VTT

Pen N Popper

« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2006, 12:54:26 pm »
    Rumor has it the toolset will be available for download Sep 18th to those that pre-ordered the game.  No idea as to the validity but I love rumors.

Ar7

« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2006, 01:01:54 pm »
    Davaeorn - 9/9/2006  8:34 AM

I will most certainly be playing on Layonara vs 2.0 (I'm assuming there will be one... Right?)

You are playing Layonara V2 at this moment. As for the switch to NWN2 and the potential Layonara V3, the official statement is that it has not yet been decided upon. Layonara may switch to NWN2 but then again, maybe it won't. It is for Leanthar to decide and he is yet to give a firm "Yes" or "No"

The most wise thing to do is to enjoy Layonara as it. Not graphics or prestige classes (although they do look nice) can replace what has been created here.

Stug3

« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2006, 02:14:29 pm »
    Davaeorn - 9/9/2006 8:34 AM   The most wise thing to do is to enjoy Layonara as it. Not graphics or prestige classes (although they do look nice) can replace what has been created here.

HERE, HERE!

SquareKnot

« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2006, 02:43:26 pm »
    Pen N Popper - 9/11/2006  1:54 PM  Rumor has it the toolset will be available for download Sep 18th to those that pre-ordered the game.  No idea as to the validity but I love rumors.
     It's true. See this link

Davaeorn

• View Profile
      « Reply #33 on: September 11, 2006, 07:36:26 pm »
      Ar7 - 9/10/2006  4:01 PM  
      Davaeorn - 9/9/2006  8:34 AM    I will most certainly be playing on Layonara vs 2.0 (I'm assuming there will be one... Right?)
      You are playing Layonara V2 at this moment. As for the switch to NWN2 and the potential Layonara V3, the official statement is that it has not yet been decided upon. Layonara may switch to NWN2 but then again, maybe it won't. It is for Leanthar to decide and he is yet to give a firm "Yes" or "No" The most wise thing to do is to enjoy Layonara as it. Not graphics or prestige classes (although they do look nice) can replace what has been created here.
      Thats cool. I'm currious, what was Layonara V1? I did read somewhere that Leanther (I'm assuming it was him at least, seeing as he is the current owner) made it a long while back. Was Layo vs 1.0 PnP?

Ar7

« Reply #34 on: September 12, 2006, 04:42:08 am »
      During the days of Layonara V1 only the continent of Mistone was created online. It was a lot smaller compared to what we currently have, though there were exceptions. For example the Broken Forest was huge, spanning many areas and death was very likely. Though what illustrates V1 the best is the fact that a level 13-14 was considered very high level, something like Ozy and Rev these days.

Overall, it was different  :)

Faldred

« Reply #35 on: September 12, 2006, 04:45:40 am »
      Marswipp - 9/9/2006  1:25 PM

The Warlock and Eldrich Knight class combination, I believe, compliment each other in a way that might be too good to be around long.

I believe with the EK pre-reqs, you'd still need a second arcane caster class, because Warlocks don't meet the "ability to cast Nth level arcane spells" requirement, unless Obsidian modifies that part of the 3.5 ruleset.

If they do make it so that Warlocks can qualify for the arcane PrCs, then Eldritch Knight or Pale Master would be excellent choices, and Arcane Trickster (with a Warlock/Rogue combo) would be an interesting one.

Lucius

• Followers of Toran
        • View Profile
      « Reply #36 on: September 12, 2006, 10:19:11 am »
      Warlocks do not cast arcane spells, so if the pre-requisite is "Ability to cast Xth level spells", they can't get the PrC. If it's just "Caster level Yth", they may take it. At least on PnP.

Another thing, Warlocks will not want to multiclass. You lose invocations, which are already VERY few (12 at lvl 20). Only possibility I can think of is Rogue or similar, for the stealthy skills and sneak attacks. I prefer just full warlock though.

As for monks and flurrying, it loses it's penalties, but there's no longer that different AB for unarmed attacks. Now, intead of a 3 point gap between hits, it's a 5 point gap, like all other classes. Example: A level 20 monk will flurry for +15/+15/+15/+10/+5.

steverimmer

« Reply #37 on: October 08, 2006, 02:15:23 am »
      Just found another review:

http://www.gamersinfo.net/index.php?art/id:1313

Its funny though, although it says that mods are not compatible with NWN (something we all knew), you can import scripts and conversations from the original.  I didn't realise that.