The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Some thoughts  (Read 395 times)

Chongo

Re: Some thoughts
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2006, 04:08:48 pm »
I can empathize with just about every angle of realtime/ playtime inequity, but I have to say that this is the best death system anyone in the NWN community has thought up for a PW.  It suffers the least complaints, the least angst, and the most realtime balancing for the inverse of the stated situation (the 10 hours a day player).  It's just the best balance of 'fair for everyone' I've seen.  In the starting stages of a PW, a dev team, in my experience, will get upwards of 4 pm's a day regarding the problems with death, gold, xp loss, etc.  And after you see-saw back and forth a million and one times it really just ends up being what is best for the entire populous' greater interest and longevity.

So who held the pre-change record?  Was it still Orth?  Didn't he have a signature with x,xxx,xxx some-odd xp lost?  I know that figure shut me up right quick, and wide-eyed, when I was whining about losing my 100k xp or whatever it was.  ;)

Leanthar

« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2006, 04:13:20 pm »
Yeah I think it is Plen that holds that record...I don't recall the exact number but I bet Orth does hehe. :)  It was (I think) around 1,400,000xp of lost xp within 20 or so minutes if I remember correctly.

IceDragonDuvessa

« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2006, 04:17:32 pm »
Leanthar - 5/12/2006  7:13 PM

Yeah I think it is Plen that holds that record...I don't recall the exact number but I bet Orth does hehe. :)  It was (I think) around 1,400,000xp of lost xp within 20 or so minutes if I remember correctly.

Bris was there for that. It was in the rift. as if the XP loss wasn't enough there were three death tokens that night.

xXDenizeNXx

• Followers of Dorand
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2006, 05:14:48 pm »
Oh man harsh!

_M_O_B_

• Followers of Xeen
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2006, 07:08:46 pm »
jut sit around town RPing until you get unghostly, thats what ido

Serissa

« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2006, 05:08:27 am »
Or hide yourself in a corner and run off to do some of the awful things that keep you away from us.