The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Sorcerers and the levels of spell that they can cast  (Read 215 times)

Tanman

Sorcerers and the levels of spell that they can cast
« on: November 05, 2006, 02:05:08 pm »
I have a sorcerer whose charisma is 17, which means that he can cast up to 7th level spells when the time comes.

However I have given him two eagle splendour rings that have a +1 bonus to them. Does that mean that he cast 9th level spells providing that he has these rings equipped? Thanking you in advance.

IDii

Re: Sorcerers and the levels of spell that they can cast
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2006, 02:06:33 pm »
Rings won't raise it. It's the natural score that determines the maximum level of spells you can cast.

However you gain an extra ability point every four levels, so by the time you're lvl18 you should have +2 more charisma from leveling up.

Tanman

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2006, 02:11:49 pm »
AAhhh, so thats how it works. Thank you for that! I am level 11 now so i could have 2 points to add  to my charisma by level 16?

Gulnyr

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2006, 02:26:01 pm »
You'll get another stat increase at level 12, then one at 16.  So, yes.

(Note to self: Do not try to spell so soon after waking from naps.)

Miriel

• View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: November 05, 2006, 02:48:06 pm »
    Should note, that if you are a race like sune elf or drow... the INT bonus you get is not a real stat bonus, as i have noticed, forexample if you have 12 and get +2 bonus for your sub race, you dont get the skill points, it would give, it wount count for feats, and it doesnt count for spells, as i understand it

/Lu

Blackguy

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2006, 03:04:56 pm »
    It counts when you work out bonus spells, as its a normal increase in the stats. But your correct that it wont work with feats that require a certain number to be selected. And it dont work when figuring out if your high enough to cast a certain level of spell. And its CHA for Sorcs, but drow gets both CHA and INT so it doesnt matter.

anything