The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: SpiderMan 3  (Read 729 times)

lolli_gagged

SpiderMan 3
« on: May 04, 2007, 02:47:39 am »
Just got back from seeing it. Don't rush to get to it.

s0ulz

Re: SpiderMan 3
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2007, 02:52:03 am »
Quote from: lolli_gagged
Just got back from seeing it. Don't rush to get to it.

I concur. Although the action and vfx side was top notch and finally Venom got into the movies, the rest of the movie was rather badly filmed and written.

It's nothing special... I hope this will be the last Spider-man.

LordCove

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2007, 02:52:31 am »
*sighs*

Bloody shame! How could they mess up Spidey. Don't they know its sacrilige!

lonnarin

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2007, 10:33:49 am »
Quote from: LordCove
*sighs*

How could they mess up Spidey?

It all began a few years ago when they decided to make a goblin mech suit instead of just putting a thin green latex mask over William Dafoe's already PERFECTLY crazy face... then just kept going downhill from there.

On the plus side, it's not like anything can be worse than the Elektra movie, or Daredevil starring black Kingpin.  Or... Punisher!  Or Ghost Rider for that matter.  I don't know, maybe they're dismayed at their level of failure and are trying to top themselves?

Hollywood hates this thing called consistancy.  If Layonara ever came to the silver screen, the screenplay would be written by Schumacker on a meth binge and Ozymandius would be played by a Wayans brother.

Lilswanwillow

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2007, 11:41:27 am »
I want Beil to be played by... ummm... goldie hawn

is that how you spell her name?

Maybe Madonna would be better.  I can SO see Hawk being played by Elijah, can't you? hmmmm

Varka

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2007, 02:52:33 am »
Good to know, because I thought of seeing it today! thanks dude

Dk price is 95 kr (12,75 euro)

Money saved and spend on Batman instead...niiice.... :)

Niles09

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2007, 05:08:15 am »
Quote from: lonnarin
It all began a few years ago when they decided to make a goblin mech suit instead of just putting a thin green latex mask over William Dafoe's already PERFECTLY crazy face... then just kept going downhill from there.

On the plus side, it's not like anything can be worse than the Elektra movie, or Daredevil starring black Kingpin.  Or... Punisher!  Or Ghost Rider for that matter.  I don't know, maybe they're dismayed at their level of failure and are trying to top themselves?

Hollywood hates this thing called consistancy.  If Layonara ever came to the silver screen, the screenplay would be written by Schumacker on a meth binge and Ozymandius would be played by a Wayans brother.

heh heh, yeah it was kinda strange seeing him as the good guy in that vietnam movie, it looked as if he could go crazy any minute!

and its really strange that they somehow manage to make nearly every superhero movie suck, I mean considering how many they've made, the normal human would learn at some point, wouldn't it?

LynnJuniper

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2007, 05:25:35 am »
Quote from: Niles09
I mean considering how many they've made, the normal human would learn at some point, wouldn't it?

No......

Dorax Windsmith

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2007, 09:23:14 am »
I saw it and thought the movie was good.  Don't mean to be all contradictory, but for someone who grew up reading comic books I was pretty pleased with the movie.  I mean it's not an Academy Award winner, but I really enjoyed it.  Maybe my expectations for this type of movie just aren't as high as some peoples.  I would recommend it to anyone.

Varka

« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2007, 10:03:42 am »
*comes back from Blockbuster with Saw 1 and 2 as Batman begins was out and looks ar Dorax comment* heck...I will flip a coin and see if I will wait for the DVD or not

Drizzlin

« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2007, 01:21:19 pm »
I liked it. I just thought it was too much information crammed into one movie. You have to keep in mind that they are not making these movies for the hardcore fans. They are making a movie to sell tickets and fill seats. A movie like Spiderman will have to appeal to kids in order to do that, and it does just that.

As far as the Mavel movies made in recently, Spiderman 3 is a far better movie than Punisher, Daredevil, and Ghostrider.

s0ulz

« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2007, 01:40:00 pm »
Quote from: Drizzlin
I liked it. I just thought it was too much information crammed into one movie. You have to keep in mind that they are not making these movies for the hardcore fans. They are making a movie to sell tickets and fill seats. A movie like Spiderman will have to appeal to kids in order to do that, and it does just that.

As far as the Mavel movies made in recently, Spiderman 3 is a far better movie than Punisher, Daredevil, and Ghostrider.

I do agree with the last sentence, S3 is far over Punisher, Daredevil and Ghost Rider, yet suffers a lot from going too Hollywood and sensitive on the material itself. By all means go watch it, it's a decent movie, just not what it could've been after all that waiting and hype.

MJZ

« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2007, 06:30:48 pm »
Quote from: Niles09
and its really strange that they somehow manage to make nearly every superhero movie suck, I mean considering how many they've made, the normal human would learn at some point, wouldn't it?

Hear hear. The only comic-book-based movies that were well-written, well-cast and enjoyable I thought were X-men and the Batman flicks from the 90's (though more for camp value there, I guess). I disliked both Spiderman installments (for reasons that I could rant and rant about, but to spare my time and everyone else's eyes, I won't), and I won't be going to see the third.

On that note, my friend, who is a fan of both previous movies, was disappointed with 3.

So... maybe they should stop trying to suck money out of existing fan bases and put their creative efforts together to try and make some new ones. Eh?

Or, you know, just try and slap together another Godzilla show. Whatever.

Kindo

« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2007, 06:39:09 pm »
Very informative.

I just saw it. They introduced and built on a lot of characters, who were interesting, but the film definitely needed more than a measly 2h20, in which they could further expand and prolong certain scenes and events. The build-up to the grand finale was too short and hasty in order to grant that sense of "this is it! Hold on to your pants!" So, while I found it extremely enjoyable to watch, I would not go further than to call it a "good" one. It could have been much more and deliver more depth. Not sure if they're planning on an extended version to remedy this, however.

Either way, it's okay and a lot of fun to watch. At least I think so.

vitor

• View Profile
    « Reply #14 on: May 05, 2007, 07:22:42 pm »
    I'll wait for Pirates of the Caribbean... may 25th

J-ser

• Followers of Shadon
      • View Profile
    « Reply #15 on: May 05, 2007, 08:47:33 pm »
    Pirates of the Caribean... I think I'm the only one in my family that understood what happened at the end of the last one.
    "Who is that guy and why is he eating an apple?!?"

Moving on...
    I saw Spiderman Three today, it was pretty good. The ending, even if rushed, was better than the last one. If they had just ended it five minutes soon in number 2...
    Anyhow, its worth the money to go and see, but its not all that it was made out to be.

Interia_Discordius

« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2007, 08:59:37 pm »
    Quote from: Lilswanwillow
    I want Beil to be played by... ummm... goldie hawn

is that how you spell her name?

Maybe Madonna would be better.  I can SO see Hawk being played by Elijah, can't you? hmmmm

Elijah Wood? I think I'm in love.

J-ser, I want an explanation on what happened at the end of that movie... I had no idea what happened or what was going on o.0

For the entire superhero movie, who wants to bash on Catwoman? I cried from how terrible it was, I literally cried. All I could repeat to my dad on the plane ride was how glad I didn't spend a single penny on it. Speaking of plane rides, they need better movie choices.

Spiderman 3... I vaguely remember certain scenes, but most of it involved me sleeping. Wish I had something more constructive to add here. :P

Varka

« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2007, 12:57:19 pm »
    aaaahh not again

Stephen_Zuckerman

« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2007, 01:22:27 pm »
    Ghost Rider was, as someone who read the comics, actually very well done. I haven't seen Punisher yet, but a friend who was OBSESSED with the comics really loved it.

That said, the rest of the marvel movies lately have sucked big-time. Toby MacGuire is NOT a good Spider-man. He's not catty enough! He has no Charisma score. *Glowers.*

That said, the Clark Kent/Superman from Smallville, I think, (since he's been maturing as an actor) is the best version since Chris Reeve. Dean Cain was a bit disappointing. I haven't even bothered to see the new Superman movie.

The DC movies have sucked since Tim Burton stopped directing the Batman flicks.

Marvel always have, with a few exceptions. (Ghostrider, Punisher, Blade 1)

magnusarin

• View Profile
      « Reply #19 on: May 06, 2007, 02:35:42 pm »
      The problem with spiderman 3 is that it seems like Raimi got two seperate scripts. One about Green Goblin, one about sandman/venom and he couldn't decide which one to make so he made both of them at once. It's the same problem I had with Pirates 2. Too many story lines and NONE of them are fleshed out or given proper finishes. It's not a bad movie. It's entertaining and the action sequences finally show you what Spidey is capable of, but there is no real character here.

And Ghost Rider was awful because Nike Cage can no longer act. Not since he started doing action movies like The Rock and Conair.