The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Spiked Armor  (Read 193 times)

NEXUS7

Spiked Armor
« on: September 16, 2005, 09:36:00 am »
Spiked Armor is there such a thing in NWN or Layonara?

Aragon

RE: Spiked Armor
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2005, 09:50:00 am »
What do you mean by spiked armor?  You can customize your armor to look like it has spikes all over it.  But if you are refering to an armor that gives some kind of bonus or damage for it having spikes, then the answer is no.

miltonyorkcastle

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2005, 10:09:00 am »
yeah, like chanda said, you can make your armor look spikey, but there is no real way to implement fighting with armor spikes in NWN.

Talan Va'lash

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2005, 10:26:00 am »
well, you could make "gnomish caltrop launching armor"  that launches caltrops when you get hit hehe

Or you could spell effect that does like... 2 piercing damage and put it as an onhit on armor.

I have no idea what the D&D combat rules are for spiked armor, but I'm betting its not just an automatic X damage to anyone who hits you.

-TV

Doc-Holiday

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2005, 11:06:00 am »
That gnomish armor sounds scary... I mean, what would happen if your in the Inn and you sneeze really hard? Half the room would be hitting the deck just to keep from getting a caltrop in the head!

AAAAAAChoooooooo! *thwack* *thwack* *thwack* *clink* *thwack* *smash* *thwack* *scream* *thud* *thwack* *thwackity thwack* *thwack* *splut* *clank* *Thwack* *Thwack* *Thwack* *Thwack* *Thwack* *Thwack* *Thwack* *Thwack* *Thwack* *Thwack* *Thwack* *Thwack*

lunchboxkilla

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2005, 11:37:00 am »
I think he means the D&D spiked armor that doed 1D4 to any thing tha attacks when your wearing spiked armor. I used to have dwarven razor armor which did 1D8 slashing if any thing got too close.

Doc-Holiday

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2005, 11:45:00 am »
Could you imagine all the things that would get stuck/cut on those things? Getting it off and on would be a very patient thing indeed!... grr.. stupid westonian speech.... I mean... tring to take your armor off or get it on would be dangerous... to you and everyone else... especialy if it launched parts at people. I would consider it to be anti-social too.. poor healers... always getting stabbed or cut trying to touch you with a healing spell...

NEXUS7

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2005, 11:22:00 pm »
Well Yes yes no no no yes

Spiked armor was 1d4 damage if some one hit you with there hands feet or any other monster part, but also
had 1d6 spiked gloves as part of the Armor. The part im intarested in is that any thing that garpels
or holds you takes 1D4 per round they do so. But if theres no way in NWN the o hum.

lunchboxkilla

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2005, 03:58:00 am »
Makes no sence that my Human Cleric had dwarvish razor armor hehehe

Doc-Holiday

« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2005, 10:18:00 am »
you were ... very... very.. short.... and ... distended... yes

Force_of_Will_

« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2005, 11:17:00 am »
Kinda stupid to think a weapon welding creature wouldn't avoid the big sharp spikes.