The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Stupidest death ever!  (Read 698 times)

Harlas Ravelkione

Stupidest death ever!
« on: May 01, 2005, 01:16:00 pm »
Kobal was mining iron today in the Haven mines. It seemed tedious though, and there was something on TV that he wanted to watch, so he decided to do both at the same time. It seemed to work out well enough, but after some time his pick shattered, but Kobal kept pounding without noticing, which resulted in bloody hands... bloody enough that it finally killed him. (kept hitting the powerattack and attack keys on the iron vein without watching the screen, heh)

The lesson of this -> TV is a killer!

Harlas

The following users thanked this post: Hellblazer

EdTheKet

RE: Stupidest death ever!
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2005, 01:21:00 pm »
*chuckles and shakes his head*
  Yep, this is close to being nominated as stupidest death ever ;)

Pankoki

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2005, 01:28:00 pm »
I still think the stupidest death ever was Rev reading the description on an elite drow warrior because Ozy told him to do so out of curiosity while given elite drow warrior was beating the living daylights out of Rev.
  But yeah.. good job Ko, you did a good job :)

Reventage

• Followers of Ilsare
    • Followers of Rofirein
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2005, 02:19:00 pm »
Actually it was Juste who told me to read the description. Never really forgave him that.

Well at least I died laughing, the description was a hoot.

But yeah, that was my second stupidest death ever... For the stupidest, well you need to find someone else who was there.

Dezza

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2005, 04:53:00 pm »
Well my stupidest death was Venus failing to crawl through a narrow space and thus lying sprawled on the ground completely helpless while a nearby Pixie who saw through her invisibility wandered over and beat the living daylights out of her.

Vyris

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2005, 05:16:00 pm »
My stupidest death was while playing Pandora at about level 6 fighting gnolls in the sword rust mountains, I hit one group and my familiar was doing a pretty good job tanking the beasties for me while I plinked away with my bow and magic missiles, but then a Shaman from another group wandered in and fireballed my familiar, it didn't kill him, but close enough, I ran up to heal my familiar and attracted the attention of a pair of the archers that came to see what the shaman had cast a fireball at I guess, the fireball caused my familiar to fly off towards the shaman, and there I was, standing right near everything he was disengaging from to go after the shaman, they all take a swipe at me and almost kill me, I run to the rock to try to escape up the hill, I fail to climb it, fall, take some damage at the same time my familiar dies and I take an arrow hit. I felt dumb.

Vyris

Talan Va'lash

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2005, 10:42:00 pm »
thats not nearly as dumb as the others Vy.  Sheesh, you need to get dumber if you want to stay competetive.

Trace Nightwind

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2005, 11:17:00 pm »
Bama ran through the river of shadows and encountered two malar panthers.  He quickly discovered they could see through invisibility.  He tried to flee but he is fat and slow.  He ran around the screen for a minute before they caught the dwarf.  He then tried to bash them but died horribly.....so......He came back at the bindstone in Saudiria........
  I was determined to get my grave so I had a plan.  I called my skeleton and buffed him till he was near god status.  I them summoned my familiar.  The plan was to send Bama in, with them in tow, let the panthers get to them while Bama got his grave and then run like mad, while unsummoning them to spare them as well.  I made it to the river of shadows and charged in, plan ready.  I discovered the Malar panther was still above my grave.  I tried to run so my Skeleton would engage but he and my familiar were trapped on a ledge and would not engage.  I then tried to make bama run but he got caught on a glitchy edge of a hill "stuck in place".  The panther pounded me to death and Bama died again, losing what then amounted to 350000xp.  Needless to stay I felt stupid.

ZeroVega

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2005, 05:23:00 am »
*wonders why people would want the title of stupidest death ever*
[list=1]
  •   Went afk at level 10 in the red light goblin caves after I'd cleared out an area, came back died at the hands of a single archer.
  •   Basicly Bama's except I could have buffed up and taken everything in the River of Shadows apart piece by piece, I just thought I could sneak past... wrong!
  •   Went to Firesteep with a group to get adamantium. First Yashilla died, then Dashiva, then Key. I sent 8-Bit (Key) a tell saying well at least you didn't get a death token. 2 Minutes later as we're fighting the respawn I find out the boogers have +5 Weapons and get a death token. :o
  •   Was fighting a Bug Bear Shaman, matching him spell for spell, he took me down to 5 hp, and I cast invis... right well that's where I realized that he was badly wounded and another isac's would have killed him, oh yeah, and he had See Invis on... died.
  •   Oh, or the time when someone specificly said "don't go near Longstorm, only Remiel will approach because he'll be negotiating." Sure enough I went close to get a screenie and ten seconds later (80+ Electric damage, dead).
  •   Hehe, I'm a fan of this one though. Walk up to Awakened Drow Wizard, Meteor Swarm! Meteor Swarm! Killed Nostros and Vigg, left me dying on the ground invisible. I get to -9 and I stablize! Heal back to 1 hp, and the warrior that had spotted me before I cast invis and died charged at me, he took one swing that would have delt 21 damage, but my DR absorbed 20 of it, the 1 incapacitated me but I recast invis and ran. Then again I thought I'd taunt the wizard while invisible and the bugger casts True Sight, I run and get out of range just as he casts Meteor Swarm, get to the transition, and drop dead -21 hp, didn't say who killed me. (note I had 1 hp the entire time)

IDii

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2005, 08:37:00 am »
I think my stupidest death was first fighting a group of Corath's minions in his forsaken temple that happened to be a wild magic area. Cast an IGMS that kinda backfired on me and hit me for 200+ damage and left me with 6hp. Cast GS with stuff beating me... they all rolled bad though and didn't get past my concealment.

After that I'm like... whoa... and decide to walk out only to notice there's still that annoying minor spike trap at the entrance... Get hit for 7 damage... Bleed to death slowly. Fun.

Well maybe there were some other funny ones too. Ozy's had some funny deaths I remember... First me blasting him with a fireball after an epic quest... Meant to cast a burning hands on a bird at my feet but accidentally cast delayed blast FB... yah. Not sure if that's as good as Ozy getting fireballed by a corpse object in a wild magic area, heh.

steverimmer

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2005, 10:35:00 am »
Heh Bil's most stupid death happened only the other day...for some reason only known to himself he decided to dance amoung the blades of a a party members blades spell.  He just got up calmly walked to the blades and well you can guess what happened next :)

lonnarin

« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2005, 03:40:00 pm »
heheheheh... then of course one could purposely smoke Corath's red fog and have their brains scrambled like Green Goblin permanently...

freemen2

Re: Stupidest death ever!
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2008, 06:43:32 am »
Lokri went to test himself against "dem c'abs' " as he sais (Trollocs), last night walked out of there bleeding and spitting-up blood yet with a certain feeling of pride with 5 whole xps left...nodded to ugly the bandage salesman, managed to crawl to the camp to bandage himself a bit before taking a well deserved rest...Took off his boots....
Your have been killed by your boots, soulmother roll....heh heh

Carillon

« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2008, 07:30:36 am »
So what you're really saying is ... it was his sudden lack of boots that killed him.

Let this stupid death henceforth be known as the death by the dwarf's own smelly feet! Maybe Lokri should wash once in a while. Or at least change his socks.

;)

freemen2

« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2008, 09:10:20 am »
wash? w'at be dat lad HAR!

Hellblazer

« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2008, 10:50:57 am »
*holds his stomach as he laughs*

bobby1361

« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2008, 06:49:21 am »
In a duel against someone in the fort vehl arena, i was neary dead so i thought, screw it if im going down i'll take us both down, and i fireballed the floor, she didn't die, i did :(

Hellblazer

« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2008, 10:13:00 am »
awwww, when was that?

Kethryc

• Followers of Rofirein
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2008, 10:26:31 am »
Well, I felt pretty silly.  Elinmire hadn't been playin in almost 2 years, nor had I played NWN in a long time.  but I was eager to get a stretch. so I found a gaggle of gnolls who all listed as "effortless."  Send in a sweet Icestorm, then a couple more spells, Lae Ann was cut down before I could stop it, and then 2 attacked me, and even with buffs on, they beat me down before I realized you can't use bandages in battle in Layo, and I wasn't quick enough with my click click click to my spells and quick menu....so I was killed, and lost my first soulthread without realizing what they were.  I knew the death system had changed when I saw that.  9 lives left for this old cat!

I'm ranking it 9th.  I think it's due do dementia and Elin-heimers.

morunas

« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2010, 10:26:19 pm »
Old thread but funny to bring up xD

Val's first death... a Skunk *who farts*... pffffffffiiiiuuuu... stunned... ya whatever it's just a little... hit? hit?!... dead -_-'

Val was training his stealth... he passed many miles... he passed Nightmares... he passed Fire Giants... he passed a Young Dragon... wait... noooos! Little fire projectile... dead.

Val goes to Dregar for the first time. He's going to train his stealth! Goes up... up... up... two vampires appear out of nothing (stealth?) and one 30 damage greatsword hit sends him to popcorns. Dead.

Val goes to grab some sand in the desert and he finds some Overpowering snakes. "Can they see me?" *he approaches in stealth* "They can't! Hehehe I'll knock them down!"

Knockdown? -> *Hit* -> "Yes!" -> Snake hit back, str down, encumbered -> "What?! No Knock?!" -> Knockdown? -> *Hit* -> "Yes!" -> Snake hit back, str down, heavily encumbered -> "RUNNNN...." -> attack of opportunity -> dead.

Val... dead. O'RLY?!?!?!?

anything