The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Summer Activities  (Read 320 times)

ZeroVega

Summer Activities
« on: June 19, 2006, 02:17:54 pm »
Well, my summer thus far has been deathly boring but it's finally picking up. All this week (starting earlier today until Friday) I will be attending a Driver's Ed course during the day. It's from 8:00 AM to 3:00 PM and I get homework and all that junk. So I'll be doing 35 hours of classroom stuff for driving and that will take up most of my time. (So don't expect to see/hear from me much *cough* Ed *cough*)
  After that I'll have two weeks where the only things I"ll have to worry about will be running, swimming and applying for some classes at a community college in the fall (they count toward my HS and College credits so it's all good). Thus, after this week I should be around for tons of fun.
  After those two weeks I'll be gone for another Monday - Friday week at Camp. Five days four nights of blissfull relaxation, nine-square (not four... nine!), dodgeball, swimming and getting in touch with my spiritual side. *sitscross legged and places the palms of his hands together*Oooooam!
  From there I get Yucky (I'll explain later) and have a vacation toward the end of July. After which time school will start (Mid August). So there will be a couple week to two week long periods where I'll be around. I'll try to get as much done (writing team) in that time as I can and entertain (player and RP Awards) as I can as well. Cheers for a, finally, exciting summer!
  ZV-

Deacon

Re: Summer Activities
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2006, 03:03:51 pm »
*sighs*

Kids...if only I were a "kid" again.  I get to work 46 hours a week the whole summer, but it's cool.  I get paid $10.51 per hour, and for the 6 extra hours I get time and a half.  Looks like I haven't a need to worry about money next year at college!

ZeroVega

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2006, 03:14:24 pm »
Hey, if I could work, I would be. That's what the Driver's Ed is for though... not that I"ll have a car to drive once I get my license but that's another subject.

minerva

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2006, 03:51:19 pm »
What happened to Driver's Ed being a little used country road and grimacing as you ground the gears of the Standard transmission and learned how to keep the car between the ditches on either side ... or leaning to drive the farm truck in the pasture avoiding gopher holes and cows?

Kids   *winks*

osxmallard

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2006, 04:05:23 pm »
They have farms and cars in Canada?  *winks*

Etinfall

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2006, 07:55:47 pm »
Ahhh, our little boy is growing up so fast ;) Now...how can I get into that camp?

Have fun Zero.

Etin

deagle

RE: Summer Activities
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2006, 08:59:24 pm »
Yikes...to remember back to my days of drivers ed...and they actually gave me a license.

Oh wait..I learned to drive on a country road and tractor...eeks..the ginkoba works...I remember a little of my youth.

Philosopher

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2006, 02:44:59 am »
Ha! I've got some driving lessons...Got it wednesday this week after college....

It's my second lesson - First lesson I was super duper quick at setting off, changing gears super smoothly. Problem is, is I almost crashed into a pole.

Philosopher

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2006, 02:45:00 am »
Ha! I've got some driving lessons...Got it wednesday this week after college....

It's my second lesson - First lesson I was super duper quick at setting off, changing gears super smoothly. Problem is, is I almost crashed into a pole.

Nibor21

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2006, 04:02:14 am »
Philosopher - 6/19/2006  10:45 AM

Which is amusing as the flood of polish immigrants into the UK are generally looking for a better and safer life than the one in poland - nice you turn up in Manchester (first unpleasant shock for them) and get mowed down by an adrelllin fuelled 17 yr old!  :P

Shadowblade225

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2006, 08:42:40 am »
Still remember getting a farmers license and driving the big old tractor as fast as possible (20mph!) on those back country roads.  Oh did those drivers behind me hate it! I miss those days..so long ago *sigh*

Leanthar

« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2006, 08:51:10 am »
*smiles* Oh man that so reminded me of my junior and senior years Shadowblade. I would drive a hay stack wagon all day long on the fields and 60 miles between the field and various delivery locations where people purchased them. Nice and slow driving at times. :)

Stephen_Zuckerman

« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2006, 12:00:20 pm »
I suddenly wonder how old Boss L is...

Heh. My summer will be spent on Layo, here at work (maybe one or two days out of the week, hah!), with my girlfriend (so much for my free time XD), or LARPing with aforementioned ball-and-chain.

Niles09

« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2006, 12:11:04 pm »
tree words: practising acrylic painting... ofcourse there will also be other things to do, but luckely stuff for painting and such are very easy to transport around.

Rowana

« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2006, 12:19:07 pm »
I wish I had gotten lessons from my grandfather on his property then getting lessons at the school I attented about a hundred years ago. Driving hay bales would have been prefferable to the psyco that decided he needed to stress out the children so they could 'concentrate in any situation while driving.'

*shudders at the memory*

SuperMunch

« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2006, 12:32:21 pm »
Winter here and it's just starting to reach bone-chilling temperatures of 50 degrees (F).

I'll be busy drinking hot spiced coffee, hot spiced wine and hot spiced whatever-I-can-put-my-hands-on.

*sticks his tongue out to the nothernhemispheristas*

LynnJuniper

« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2006, 12:38:59 pm »
@_@ I wish it was 50 Degrees..

Its like three gazillion here...@_@ I hate Summer *thrashes around*

I was born in the dead middle of the winter, I like my temperature below zero please thanks!

*whines* I need an air conditioner*

SuperMunch

« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2006, 12:49:35 pm »
AC?  You need a bigger fan or a room with lots of ventilation (my case).  :)

Summer here is usually 85-100F, not much but humidity is usually in the 80%+ range so it's impossibly muggy.  I traded in my massive 19" CRT monitor for a 19" LCD one in the hopes that it'll heat the room less (so far so good, on some nights I'm playing wrapped in blankets, I wonder how it'll do in the summer).

osxmallard

« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2006, 12:52:47 pm »
Ah, the joy of no seasonal changes.  It does get down to a bone chilling 80F in the winter here in Honolulu.  Summer usually reaches the scorching low 90's.  *smiles*

SuperMunch

« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2006, 12:57:28 pm »
Bone chilling 50s and 80s during the winter...  Now we're just showing off.  :)

anything