The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Has this happened to anyone else  (Read 134 times)

Vellyn

• Followers of Aeridin
    • View Profile
Has this happened to anyone else
« on: October 07, 2005, 01:50:00 pm »
Okay, I'm in the mountains fighting golems and have a summoned water (circle 5 spell). In the middle of the fight, my elemental turns on us, kills a tiger, attacks my freind (fails), and kills me using it's drowning ability. How does a summoned creature such as an elemental turn on a person? This is the second time i've died from a creature that I summoned (the same creature)

lonnarin

RE: Has this happened to anyone else
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2005, 01:54:00 pm »
Sometimes when players in the party cast an area of effect spell like a fireball or darkness, it can anger the summoned creatures to attack the party.  Darkness is the most common instance where this happens, as my drow has quickly found.  It's important for a conjurer to keep their eyes on their summoned creatures so that they can unsummon them quickly if such things happen, and for blaster mages to avoid spooking the summons.

vgn

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2005, 01:58:00 pm »
You might want to double check your log. It probably isn't attacking your friend. It is probably using it's drown attack which affects everyone, the tiger, your friend, and you.
The tiger got hit, your friend made his save, and you failed. I could be wrong but I don't see summons attacking friendly units unless factions get messed up somehow.

In general a lot of the water summons are evil and you really have to be careful with them because of the drown.

steverimmer

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2005, 02:02:00 pm »
Heh they can kill you even if you're a sea elf too with that attack.  Immunity to drown doesn't seem to grant protection from water elementals :)

Dorganath

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2005, 02:22:00 pm »
steverimmer - 10/7/2005 4:02 PM Heh they can kill you even if you're a sea elf too with that attack. Immunity to drown doesn't seem to grant protection from water elementals :)

Actually, it probably should. And this is on my list of stuff to look at. :)

ZeroVega

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2005, 02:27:00 pm »
 Yeah the Sea Elf has immunity to the Druid Spell Drown, doesn't work with the Water Elemental Special abilit so... yeah...

Vellyn

• Followers of Aeridin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2005, 03:34:00 pm »
That is exactly what I died from ... thanks, that helps me understand whats going on ;) I did die from the drowning attack. I had no idea that the drown attack was an area effect.

Force_of_Will_

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2005, 03:57:00 pm »
LoL
I have been Killed by Drown by my summons on other servers.
Remember this is a full PVP server.That means any AoE spell/effect will hurt you to.

Doc-Holiday

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2005, 07:59:00 pm »
Yes.. I hit myself with "Abolish intelligence"

I haven't recovered :(

Talan Va'lash

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2005, 09:50:00 pm »
Does immunity to death magic block drown?  I'm thinking it probably doesn't, but I was just wondering.

As for sea elf drown immunity, Its probably not working (as was hinted at above) because the spell drown and the drown spell like ability are considered different things by the game.

However, I don't think there's an "immunity to drown" property that covers both, so you'll probably have to stick an immunity to every different form of drowning (which are all the same IC, just the game considers them different.)

Now that I'm thinking about it... maybe drown is blocked by death magic immunity.  Since it doesn't (i dont think it does, and it shouldnt) affect golems, and the construct traits don't have a specific drown immunity I dont think, just the death magic immunity that would relate to this.

About the summoned elementals... yeah, I dont think I would use those if they were what I summoned (or at least think twice, or thrice and give everyone in the party a lecture about it first :P)

-TV

Bryantiza

• View Profile
    « Reply #10 on: October 08, 2005, 01:30:00 am »
    I remember one time in Seirwood forest, both Xegeath and Stalk(Zeos's and Tedulas's panthers turned on their owners) and what was weird was that no spells had been casted.
    *begins to chuckle uncontrollably* also a friend of mine was playing this on my computer yesterday and went round Kaizers place. He summoned his panther and began running around the room but then it suddenly kicked him off the panther back into his character and then got a 1 hit wonder hit straight to his face. *wipes a tear from his eye* hilarious,i wish i could see it again.

.................hmmm seems to always be a panther.........*shrugs* ahwell.

chunkyjr3575

• View Profile
      « Reply #11 on: October 08, 2005, 05:48:00 am »
      That was my panther that killed me in Kaizers place and no one would kill him!!! WHY?

anything