The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Thank you!  (Read 77 times)

Zhofe

• Followers of Ilsare
    • Followers of Toran
    • View Profile
Thank you!
« on: August 05, 2005, 07:21:00 pm »
Thank you everyone who attended or worked at the Leilon Arms! It couldn't have worked without you. I had a GREAT time tonight, and I hope everyone who popped in did too.

We will be trying to have the Inn open when we can so you can buy things and hear performers and buy drinks, and generally have a good time. This was all VERY fun, and even though it was a bit of a headache with everyone talking at once, it was probably one of the better experiences I have had here.

So if you liked the Inn, give a shout out if you'd like. It'll be great to hear your thoughts!

Thank you everyone, oh, and if I could get the ear of the Content team, it would be AWESOME if we could get a sign out front somtime. We're willing to roleplay with the town mayor or something like that if you want, but it would be really nifty to have a sign.

Acacea

RE: Thank you!
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2005, 02:03:00 am »
It went well, I thought. It was a little rocky when Acacea first got there, and in the future I think that set, separate times for business and performing would be good- or, you know- have someone at the shop, and someone at a table; customers look through under supervision, join whoever at the table and whisper the deals. Something. Otherwise it will be hard to get people performing regularly.

After it was straightened out, it was great, though! I had fun and so did Acacea, and she'd be happy to continue performing there. "My inn is way better than Ragrian's."

Also, the green rugs are public rooms, and you have already rented a room out- maybe you could add something to the outside of the rooms that are taken already? If there is even room left for them. Just a thought. You know. It's a good thing, right? If the best I can come up with is "Uh, maybe some rugs or something."

So, Yay. Good job on it.

cappyra

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2005, 08:38:00 am »
Wow!  I have to say I could not have been more pleased.  Thanks to everyone that stopped by the Leilon Arms last night for fun and RP.  I must say there was some really excellent role play going on last night.  It was totally awesome.   It felt like a real Inn and Tavern with so many people around.  I had an AWESOME time!

The performers were awesome and got tips for performing!  Honorable mention goes out to Acacea.  Her spin was incredible and made the scene so immersive.  Absolutely fantastic.

A special thanks to both Gretchen the dwarven Bartender and the Ogre/Halfgiant? Klugger our bouncer and store salesman.

Thank you Acacea for your feedback.  Anyone else that was involved last night we would appreciate any feedback.   We worked hard to get it this far and welcome ideas for improvement.

Finally.  Thanks to the DM team for putting a shout out for us and dropping by.   We developed this idea as a contribution to the world and to inspire role play.   Perhaps in the future if the content team deems our idea worthy... we could get a few things to help maintain.  Not necessary of course.

- A sign out front.

- A way to keep the door to the Inn open so anyone can drop by anytime.

- A way to lock individual rooms.

THANKS EVERYONE!!!

IDii

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2005, 08:41:00 am »
Well you can already keep the door to the inn open at all times by simply leaving it unlocked. Use the convo on the door to do that.

Zhofe

• Followers of Ilsare
    • Followers of Toran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2005, 08:44:00 am »
Actually, that script is bugged. Even when the door is unlocked there is no "I want to open the door" option in the dialogue.

IDii

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2005, 01:00:00 pm »
Hmm. Oh? It used to work though...

Acacea

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2005, 01:07:00 pm »
Yeah, it's been like that for awhile, anyway... "The door is currently unlocked. What do you want to do?" "I want to knock repeatedly and hope someone is nearby." :o

Also, maybe you should contract a few brewers so that most of the stock isn't depleted by, say, a crazy drunk halfling. *coughs*

Ar7

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2005, 01:09:00 pm »
Rufus and I, as a player, really wanted to attend to, but the time was kind of bad, a bit too late for a GMT+2 person. But I will try as hard as possible to make it next time the inn will be open for a long night out. I really like the idea behind this, so even though I wasn't there I'd give you 10/10 for the great idea and for bringing it to life.

Rehevkor

• View Profile
    « Reply #8 on: August 06, 2005, 01:22:00 pm »
    Yes, the opening night was great. I had a blast playing Gretchen as a bartender. I took a few interesting screenshots as well; they're in my album if anyone wants to take a look.

By the way, what's the policy on bringing in friends? Now that I have a room at the inn i want to bring groups I adventure with in for private parties following quests and so forth. I could open the bar and make the inn some extra coin... *wink wink*

cappyra

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2005, 08:27:00 am »
    Good Question Gretchen.  Ideally,  I would like to have the door open at all times...  and be able to lock individuall rooms.  I am not sure if that is possible so as it stands now only those with keys can get in without knocking or being with someone.

We plan on having the Inn "open" every Friday until we can work through it.

As far as friends along with you.  It is totally fine.  Feel free to use any facility with a green rug in front of it.  These areas are open to the public.  Any other room (unless you are renting the room) should not be entered.  These rooms belong to tenants.

I will post this elsewhere to let everyone know.

Thanks!

P.S.  You rock as a bartender!

Zhofe

• Followers of Ilsare
      • Followers of Toran
      • View Profile
    « Reply #10 on: August 08, 2005, 12:55:00 pm »
    Gretchen - sure, bring guests whenever you want. Just make sure they stay in te public (green rug) areas.

Rufus - It would be awesome to have you there!

anything