The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Thanks and Praise!  (Read 379 times)

ZeroVega

Thanks and Praise!
« on: June 05, 2005, 11:20:00 am »
  I've been here on Layonara for almost two years, and I am very grateful to have found such a community. We get to play here for free! Such a realistic world, with such custom content, such a wonderful story line, and such great people, for Free, they even pay to let us play here! Have you ever heard of such a thing. Paying to let other people play!
    The quest and content teams do so much for Layonara that it's not even funny, but all of us (even I) need to remember that it's a community. The people who put their valuable time into Layonara, aren't a gaggle of high school nerds that run this persistent world in their spare time. These are people with families, jobs, work to do, and social lives. They take time out of their schedules to make this place enjoyable for almost complete strangers!
    Think really really hard... these guys put in hundreds of hours every month. Not just when they feel like it. If you need help they're "on the bounce" (as one of my favorite books put it). They don't just fix the bugs they deem urgent, they fix em all, and then they add more!
  So Thank You! Everyone... the content and quest teams. I'd name you all but chances are I'd miss some so just thank you! :)

blonde

RE: Thanks and Praise!
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2005, 11:35:00 am »
ZeroVega - 6/5/2005  8:20 AM     They don't just fix the bugs they deem urgent, they fix em all, and then they add more!

I bet that came out wrong Tath...Sorry couldnt help it ;)  Joking aside, i totally agree with Tath. This team is amazing. I was away for a month, and just got back...and the world is now a totally different place. Im stunned at all the changes you guys have made. Fantastic job!!

Wintersheart

• View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: June 05, 2005, 11:37:00 am »
    I second that

Just today Orth saved my day and quite often unknown DM's have helped my character get unstuck. Its easy to take for granted all their work, but from my own experience with free (as in unpaid) work you get more complaints when things go wrong than praise everyday you just do your job.

Thanks!
     :)  :)  :)  :)

Xandor Loriland

• Followers of Aeridin
      • View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: June 05, 2005, 12:43:00 pm »
    Well done again.  I can't give you enough praise for the fun my family has playing on Layonara.

ZeroVega

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2005, 12:55:00 pm »
      Ok, I'll rephrase. "They don't just fix the bugs they deem urgent, they fix them all. Then they add even more content knowing that there will probably be even more bugs that they'll have to work on. I don't even think I've ever heard them complain about too many bug reports, even the little ones like portrait problems." 

Harlas Ravelkione

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2005, 01:03:00 pm »
    I second everything. Amazing scripting, amazing detail, amazing story, amazing quests... *shoulder-claps everyone*

Harlas

rusleBIFFEN

• View Profile
      « Reply #6 on: June 05, 2005, 02:17:00 pm »

Im almost out of words.. but not quite.. Amazing, incredible , Marvellous... all words that describe Layo.
      And BIG plus to this community is of course the sceduled DM quests and the random DM interventions, both those small of the hand interventions where you suddenly are in the middle of some real nice action and those private tells like : "Your charcter really shouldnt be traveling with this group. It Just doesn't fit " .... What I am trying to get at is that you guys really care about the world and the players, and you tell people when the do bad things and good things which in turn makes us (me) better RP'ers . I hope *grins*

That really shows commitment and dedication.. Thanks !

-rusle

FlameStrike

• Followers of Toran
        • View Profile
      « Reply #7 on: June 05, 2005, 03:04:00 pm »
      Layonara is currently the reason why i play NWN. Thank you Leanthar, everyone in the Team, and of course, the superb player base we have. ;)

Andrios

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2005, 09:13:00 pm »
      I agree with everything that has been said.  We can not thank Leanthar and the team enough.  The attention to detail and the care they show is extrordinary.  So once again, thank you guys very much.    ;)

jjkolb

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2005, 05:26:00 am »
      Take what's been said before and double it.  No....triple it.  You guys bust your butts and deserve heaps of thanks.

aragwen

« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2005, 09:42:00 am »
      Great work to all involve.

I think it would be impossible to get me out of this world.
      I am converted and have never enjoyed any game as much.
      The scenery, the quests, the people, the roleplay, the world is excellent.

I would like make a small contribution to the continued existence of Layo, but the PayPal donation does not cater for South Africa. Could someone PM me with another way to make a donation.

Regards
      Aragwen

anything