The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: The long list of questions to be asked bout v3  (Read 239 times)

Desicardo

The long list of questions to be asked bout v3
« on: February 28, 2007, 08:50:21 am »
Ok.. sure to be a long list of what folks want or need to know, but here is the first question.

What is the PvP widget and how does it work and when can or should it be used?

Leanthar

Re: The long list of questions to be asked bout v3
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2007, 08:53:38 am »
Please see the updated rules...it explains PvP and the widget.

Witch Hunter

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2007, 10:09:19 am »
Another question...

Will any more areas be updated?

Dorganath

RE: The long list of questions to be asked bout v3
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2007, 10:13:08 am »
I believe that is answered here:
  http://www.layonaraonline.com/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=35175&posts=7
  Some of those areas not appearing are new, others are modified from the old.  There are areas that have been updated which still need work.
  There are also areas that will likely see no further changes.
  As Pan said, this is going to be a process.  Look for continual change as we go forward.
  Don't ask which ones though. That list can change from day-to-day.

Witch Hunter

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2007, 10:16:50 am »
That says that a few areas are missing... my question was (pharsed badly :p) if areas that are already in game such as Fort Wayfare going to be remapped or left with their old V2 look?

Dorganath

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2007, 10:18:30 am »
Read my re-edited post.
  Sorry I wasn't completely clear when I hit submit. I'm working on very little sleep at the moment.

Jearick Hgar

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2007, 10:19:39 am »
i gotta quick one. I did a CDQ for my char for Bear Warrior levels. it got split into two sessions. i got the bear warrior levels, but since it wasn't done yet at the time i was told that rply the quest wasn't done so i wouldn't have the bear warrior levels, but since i was so close to leveling i could level up in them as long as i didn't use the abillity.

Now it's three years later and the quest would obviously be doen and over with. am i allowed to use The bear form abillity since the session would be a timewarp back three years ago and thus i would have teh abillity currently?

Leanthar

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2007, 10:25:48 am »
Jearick...first and foremost you should never have received the levels (without exception) until the CDQ was completed (fully) successfully. I have spoken to the GM involved about this exact concern as it was done incorrectly and will not happen again. So to answer your question, no you can not as you really shouldn't have it yet.

Jearick Hgar

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2007, 10:30:07 am »
alright thank you for the quick answer =)

jrizz

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2007, 11:59:12 am »
I know that the post on the changes talked about new high level drops and such (and it all sounds so very cool). My question on drops is on the low to mid end. Has the gold drops been adjusted? I ask this because I killed a few giants (10 ro so) and did not find any gold on them, that is rare but it has happened. Just asking instead of going out and killing a bunch more giants to see if it keeps up :)

Weeblie

« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2007, 12:13:10 pm »
A new loot drop system is in use and I believe it hasn't been fully activated yet (i.e. not fully configurated).

So, for the moment, most things won't give you any drops. Neither gold nor items.

aragwen

« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2007, 12:13:23 pm »
jrizz - 2/28/2007 9:59 PM I know that the post on the changes talked about new high level drops and such (and it all sounds so very cool). My question on drops is on the low to mid end. Has the gold drops been adjusted? I ask this because I killed a few giants (10 ro so) and did not find any gold on them, that is rare but it has happened. Just asking instead of going out and killing a bunch more giants to see if it keeps up :)
 The situation regarding loot drops has allready been logged under the bugs thread.
  http://www.layonaraonline.com/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=35198&posts=1&start=1

Leanthar

« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2007, 12:13:28 pm »
Drops are not working properly right now. It is on our list of things to fix.

jrizz

« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2007, 12:14:55 pm »
aragwen - 2/28/2007  12:13 PM    
jrizz - 2/28/2007 9:59 PM I know that the post on the changes talked about new high level drops and such (and it all sounds so very cool). My question on drops is on the low to mid end. Has the gold drops been adjusted? I ask this because I killed a few giants (10 ro so) and did not find any gold on them, that is rare but it has happened. Just asking instead of going out and killing a bunch more giants to see if it keeps up :)
 The situation regarding loot drops has allready been logged under the bugs thread.
  http://www.layonaraonline.com/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=35198&posts=1&start=1
 Darn I forgot to check that thread, thanks.

lonnarin

« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2007, 02:31:18 pm »
Whatever happened to Shadison?  I remember rumors a year or two ago that he was practically ascended.

On that note, have the statuses and powers of the gods in general changed since the dawn of the new era?  In particular, Toran's largest temple fell in Broegar's reconstruction of Prantz and Stone became rubble.  How do events like these affect the gods, their faiths and the strength of their ability to grant spells?

Ah and one more big one...  what's the political status of the Throne of Mistone now?  Has the queen died yet, and if so, what political powers are currently running the show as far as Mistonian government goes?

LynnJuniper

« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2007, 02:42:05 pm »
I think I can answer that one with

"The Handbook is coming"

An extensive coverage on all religions will be included.

As for Shadison I say it'd be best to ask someone in game, there were a few quests (Including a recent one) That had to due with him, although good luck finding someone who =remembers= (IC) The later. ;)

Dorganath

« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2007, 02:55:18 pm »
Heh...well...
  There was actually something very high-level plot-ish that happened to Shadison...but I'm not telling *evil grin*
  And the Queen did not die. She went home to Lucinda in a very public way.
  Beyond that...yeah...handbook.

EdTheKet

« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2007, 10:14:09 am »
On that note, have the statuses and powers of the gods in general changed since the dawn of the new era? In particular, Toran's largest temple fell in Broegar's reconstruction of Prantz and Stone became rubble. How do events like these affect the gods, their faiths and the strength of their ability to grant spells?
All will be revealed soon.