The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: The proud owner of a desktop compter sized paperweight  (Read 185 times)

ColtCommando

The proud owner of a desktop compter sized paperweight
« on: October 10, 2007, 02:53:47 pm »
So I go to boot my computer this morning like I do everymorning after having shuting it down when I went ot bed, and surprise, surprise, windows has a present for me, in the form of an application error.

Something like:  lsass.exe application error: the endpoint format was invalid.

So I begin troubleshooting mode, but ow and behold, it will not boot into windows in any mode, safe modes, debugging mode, last known good mode, nada.  

So before I located a fix for this particular error on the net that can be done via botting from the windows XP cd and running the command prompt I decided I would have to run an OS repair from the CD so that I could actualy get into my operating system, and either hopefull the repair would fix it, or I could then edit the registry to fix it.

Me in my infinite ignorance asumed I would not need my XP cd key for just a repair, and I was wrong.  So I ran the repair, and now my game computer is at that screen where it asks for youre CDkey untill I but another one I guess.  And to think, I could have saved myself all this trouble by being patient.  

Anyhow, this is why I have been absent IG, and on IRC just recently, and probably till friday when I get payed and I can buy another windows xp cd.. gyah.

The following users thanked this post: Masterjack

LynnJuniper

Re: The proud owner of a desktop compter sized paperweight
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2007, 02:56:15 pm »
Just buy the OEM if you can. No use wasting more money than you have to

anything