The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: The story of Varka  (Read 334 times)

Varka

The story of Varka
« on: October 05, 2007, 06:53:31 am »
Hello players of Layonara.

Around 4 to 5 months ago there was a post from old and new player asking about WL and what they had done. There was a lot of talk going forth and back if one could read about their achievements. I decided that I would reveal my story to everyone and hope that the ones reading it will simply see it as a good story and consider what would your own character know of this (and not meta game it).

As in all tales, some events has been spiced a bit up and some cut short. Further again it all depends on who would have told you the story, A halfing bard or a voraxian Liberian.

As the history about Prantz was changed some time ago, I had to correct my tale which meant I removed a lot. I still hope though what is written will be accepted by the Team.
Further the 2 page I had to make the tale about Varka; well it became more and therefore I put it here instead.
The team is welcome to use whatever they want from the story of Varka in the coming handbook. I will not claim the following to be mine.

Lastly, I will thank Miltonyorcastle for the most impressive work I have ever seen. He was the editor on this story and has spent hours and hours correcting it until it became perfect.
I simply wrote the story but Miltonyorcastle gave it life!

Once more thank you a lot Miltonyorcastle.

The following users thanked this post: miltonyorkcastle, Stephen_Zuckerman

Harlas Ravelkione

Re: The story of Varka
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2007, 07:05:00 am »
Please submit this to Edtheket as well, Varka.

Varka

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2007, 07:15:49 am »
picture

DMOE

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2007, 07:34:25 am »
Hey...Varka has trousers in that picture.....I demand parity IG so Ireth can stop having nightmares about the dwarf in a loin cloth!! ;)

On a more serious note.....Both the story and the picture are really, really good...kudos to all involved!

Script Wrecked

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2007, 11:27:02 am »
An epic dwarven tale fit for the Sagas.

*crashes shields and headbutts nearest person*

Shadowblade225

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2007, 08:04:13 pm »
Varka, perhaps you could post this in the "Hall of Heroes and Heroines".

It would have a lower probability of fading down...and down...and down the general forums into the sea of past threads.

Thanks for posting by the way :)

Varka

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2007, 02:11:14 am »
Thank you Shadowblade for the idea...

I posted it in the Vorax part...but I guess it should og in HoHaH as well.

DMOE: not trousers tatoos... look harder! ;)

Stephen_Zuckerman

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2007, 02:33:30 am »
Epic.

In the true sense of the word.

lonnarin

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2007, 01:17:08 pm »
I made the mistake of skimming ahead the first time and mixed up Varka's entries with the sorceress'... was wondering for a moment why Varka thought Milara was such a great lover, then I reread through it again, good stuff!