The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: The Thunder Peaks and the Impending Update.  (Read 1029 times)

miltonyorkcastle

The Thunder Peaks and the Impending Update.
« on: May 14, 2008, 10:13:20 pm »
As a direct result of the Essrantor's Veil quest series, the Thunder Peaks changed quite a bit. This change will be reflected in an update that is very soon in coming. (Thank Chongo, and wish him well. He's having his first child this week. The update will happen after he settles into that fact.)

Until the update, we ask that travel to the western Thunder Peaks be avoided. Really, traveling through the Peaks right now would be like your character is leaping backward in time to before Essrantor's Veil and its aftermath. We will place NPC reminders around the area, but even if you don't see them for some reason, please avoid the Thunder Peaks until we notify everyone that the update has happened.

Also, to clear up a few things in-character, new rumors and bard's tales are on their way. Hopefully this will help people get a better idea of what actually went on in each separate leg and how they connected in the end.

EDIT: The "Thunder Peaks" refers to a rather large mountain range. While we show off a bunch of areas in the western part of this range, Essrantor actually only rules a section of the mountains, and that is the part with which most seem to be familiar. I didn't want to say the whole mountain range is off-limits, because technically it's not. Only that part affected by Essrantor's rule, which is, in fact, the western half of the mountains. The Western half of the Thunder Peaks is also not to be confused with the Darkland Mountains. The Great Rift separates the two mountain ranges with the Thunder Peaks to the east and the Darkland Mountains to the West. Mechanically (what you see represented in-game) you can only reach the western half of the Thunder Peaks through Dalanthar, as ScriptWrecked pointed out. You can visit other parts of the Thunder Peaks, however, and again, they are not off-limits as they are not affected by Essrantor's Veil.

Feel free to comment and ask questions in this thread, so long as it stays civil and constructive (the usual requests).

The following users thanked this post: jan, jrizz, ShiffDrgnhrt

Script Wrecked

Re: The Thunder Peaks and the Impending Update.
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2008, 12:05:24 am »
[INDENT]"I know you believe you understand what it is you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what I said is not what I meant."[/INDENT]

For clarification, "limited to none" actually means "(only) none are limited", viz, everyone else is unlimited. From the rest of the post, the intent is (probably) the opposite of that.

And to be explicit, "western Thunder Peaks" (probably) refers to "all of the Thunder Peaks accessed from Dalanthar", and not "west of the Thunder Peak Crossroads", or other similar (mis)interpretation.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Script Wrecked.

Dorganath

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2008, 12:12:30 am »
Heh....

Don't approach the Thunder Peaks until further notice.

Renter

• View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: May 15, 2008, 07:03:00 am »
    Limited-to-none?

That more correct?

j/k

miltonyorkcastle

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2008, 08:18:42 am »
    ... limited to none... like five to zero... silly prepositions and American idioms....

ShiffDrgnhrt

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2008, 08:21:16 am »
    You shoulda worded it "DONT GO THERE!"

Goldwin Blacknight

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2008, 10:13:43 am »
    I must have misunderstood Helmot's and Losthammer's silence to mean "limited to some" instead of "limited to none". *Goldwin sighs deeply* "oh well-thanks for the clarification."

miltonyorkcastle

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2008, 12:19:19 pm »
    **points up** New Edit.

Chongo

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2008, 01:13:25 pm »
    Hey folks, I'd planned to have everything done including the big write-up on what happened in the aftermath in addition to the update (which should be fun heh)... but the little guy decided to push his way out.

8.5 pounds.  All is well with him and my wife alike.  You can all expect things to start happening with the update and information on what has actually happened in about a week.

miltonyorkcastle

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2008, 01:17:49 pm »
    Rock on, Chongo.

Script Wrecked

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2008, 01:21:24 pm »
    Congratulations! And welcome to a whole new chapter in life.

Regards,

Script Wrecked.

akata

« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2008, 01:29:14 pm »
    Congratulations Chongo, welcome to the land of no sleep :P

jan

« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2008, 01:45:52 pm »
    congrats mate :)
    don't get back to doing things too fast , you'll need every chance to sleep you can get in the beginning ;)

Desicardo

« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2008, 01:50:06 pm »
    you going to name him Essrantor?

*runs and hides*

Congrats!  If you need tips on managing both Layo and a baby, talk to stragen!.. hehe.

Serissa

« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2008, 03:59:15 pm »
    Congratulations!

Chazzler

« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2008, 04:04:00 pm »
    Congratulations :)

twidget658

« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2008, 06:29:33 pm »
    Congratulations, Chongo. Does he have a sleeper with the Layonara logo on it yet? Hmm, don't see one here. Guess OneST8 needs to have one made. ;)

stragen

« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2008, 07:52:02 pm »
    Congratulations to your wife and yourself.  Welcome to your new family member.

-Stragen

ShiffDrgnhrt

« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2008, 08:12:25 pm »
    Congrats!

Mooneyes

« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2008, 08:18:14 pm »
    Congrats!!!! I am so happy for you both :)