The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Time Compression  (Read 154 times)

darkstorme

Time Compression
« on: April 17, 2006, 05:37:38 pm »
Sorry, I realize this is a very basic question, but I haven't been able to find where it's posted online - what is the RealLifeTime/LayonaraTime conversion?

The "Around the World in 75 Days" post commented that 75 days in-game is 5 real-life hours, which cannot be possible - that would mean that an hour of Layonara time passes every 10 seconds.

The reason I ask is that I have been keeping Kell's journal locally, until he can find the time to sit down and chronicle his travails so far - but I've been keeping Real-Life dates (foolish of me, I know.)  With that in mind, if anyone could tell me what the current time/date is in Layonara (the datestamp will give me a reference point) I can work backwards and accurately date all of his journal entries.  I'd find out the date myself, but I cannot find a sundial outside of Hlint for love or money.

In summary, then, time compression, and current date.  Thanks in advance!

Acacea

RE: Time Compression
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2006, 05:59:19 pm »
Threas, Jenra 19, 1399, 13:42

Edit- Aha. There is this thread that mentions time conversion, and LORE has the current in-game time at the bottom. 4 RL Minutes = 1 Game hour. ...Or! Convert it.

darkstorme

Re: Time Compression
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2006, 11:21:34 am »
I bow in humble awe of your thread-searching skills.  Many thanks!