The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: screen shot  (Read 103 times)

stolen

screen shot
« on: June 11, 2008, 10:49:43 pm »
can someone help me figure out why when i take a screen shot in game and paste it into paint all i get is a black screen?

any help is appreciated

thanks in advance

stolen

Re: screen shot
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2008, 10:52:56 pm »
by the way...print screen does work outside the game

Nehetsrev

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2008, 11:23:08 pm »
Sometimes when printscreen alone doesn't work you can try ctrl + printscreen and that'll work instead.  Other than that, maybe there's a setting for your 'clipboard' size that you need to look at if you're using Windows?  I'm not a tech guru though so I really couldn't say anything for sure.

osxmallard

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2008, 01:29:40 am »
It saves as a file type that is not 'paint' friendly.  You need to open it in a program like photoshop.  As far as I know, you can't take a screenshot and just paste it... you have to open the file it saves in the NWN folder in a photo editing program.  I use photoshop LE (comes with a lot of digital cameras for free).

merlin34baseball

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2008, 02:44:57 am »
use GIMP *winks*

Stephen_Zuckerman

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2008, 02:51:49 am »
Well, just "printscreen" will do two things on a PC - it will copy an image of the screen to the clipboard, and save a TGA file in the NWN directory.

Pasting it with Ctrl+V into, for example, Paint, works for most folks.

No clue on a mac.

Rowana

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2008, 12:09:42 pm »
Also, not certain of you have investigated these avenues, but Darkstorme's post following Dorganath's has a pretty good breakdown on how to work with .tga files and make them viewable. Scroll down to the second posting for the referenced information.

~row

Chazzler

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2008, 08:46:55 pm »
I use a program called Irfanview (free to use), that can convert images from one format to other and you can view the pics with it as well. It's light weight and easy to use when you get the hang of it.

anything