The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: What have you done today?  (Read 1015 times)

Doc-Holiday

What have you done today?
« on: March 01, 2006, 04:55:21 pm »
I just helped a neighbor understand his wife's immigration papers. He's not 100% with english yet so I had to explain Biometrics as well as a few other things... yay.

Etinfall

Re: What have you done today?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2006, 05:10:27 pm »
I printed 25,000 color brochures for the American Cancer Society. And also 100 handouts for a policeman's funeral, gave those to the customer at no charge. Big money and no money, both to good people ;)

LoganGrimnar

• Followers of Vorax
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2006, 09:00:44 pm »
slept tell noon.. played layo tell.... now.. *grins*

Nyralotep

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2006, 09:03:28 pm »
Worked and as a matter of fact still working for the next 2 hours, then some Layo. Part of what I do is tech support for the people that person sees to process that paperwork.

Milo

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2006, 09:05:14 pm »
Excitingly denatured some enzymes and tested the reaction time in a spectrometer!

Rayenoir

• Followers of Rofirein
    • Followers of Xeen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2006, 09:08:27 pm »
Having done that umpteen times in the course of obtaining my Bio degree, I kinda envy your enthusiasm.

KageKeeper

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2006, 09:09:54 pm »
Went to school where I learned about exception handling in Java.did some research for my research paper. Came home and played Layo for a few hours. Then wrote up an annotated bibliography and studied for a calculus test tomorow.

Fun, eh? :)

Varka

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2006, 10:52:26 pm »
Getting ready for a meeting with a client now..which I dont really want to do ;) .......7.50 am here

IceDragonDuvessa

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2006, 10:55:55 pm »
Got out of work at 7:30 a, tried to take a nap before a meeting back at work... failed... worked on layo stuff, headed in for said meeting at wound up helping install a new weather warn system and producing 60 episodic fox promos.... I should think about eating

Ioskeha

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2006, 11:01:11 pm »
Finished a month long project at work which helped put someone in jail for a very long time, played Layo for a few hours, and now I'm going to sleep. :)

Thunder Pants

« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2006, 11:02:43 pm »
took my mom to the airport, slept, and played a few games of Mordheim at the GamesWorkshop store

stragen

« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2006, 11:44:19 pm »
Went into my Uni office powered on computer at 8:30.  Nice and quiet for a while.  Until my Professer and supervisor arrived at 10am. Listened a string of admin and tech support staff being reduced to near tears by my Professor, who appeared to be having a bad day.  Applied head phones to drown out noise.  Stared at pages of code I generated a few months ago.  Considered an alternate architecture.  Started on alternated architecture and realised I was making no progess.  Continued to stare at code while being occasionally interruped by students and other loonies.  Powered off computer at 5pm.  Home, Dinner, this message, will play Layo next.  Basketball game at 8pm.

crazedgoblin

RE: What have you done today?
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2006, 11:49:43 pm »
still morning here but i guess i will learning things that ill never need for later life like how to find the weight of a circle while its balanceing on a weighted square suspended by the 4th triangle in a electrical circuit ot a test heheh

DMOE

« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2006, 03:09:16 am »
Just woke up after a lie in, had a shower, will go have brunch, play with my yongest, fetch my eldest from school, maybe sneak onto Layo while they both sleep, make dinnner....play Layo

freemen2

« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2006, 04:04:11 am »
Let's see....so far woke up at 11:50, damned Mith you beat me by 10 minutes :p Enjoyed my breakfast and am sipping my coffe while I look at the Forum ;)

Heh heh had forgotten: gaved a flying burial to the mouse that I think sneaked in my loft aboard my pack-pack, on my last walk-about...may she be bugged by crunching noises as she's trying to fall asleep in her next life *nods solemly*

Diamondedge

« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2006, 04:16:02 am »
Made a shocking return to Layonara.

EDIT: More detailed version of my return story.

I came back to Layo, as Turor, and immediately got into an arguement with some elf lady who tried to heal Turor. After having done this, I wandered off, climbed a hill and wrote in as many CDQ threads as I could, before going back into town, finding a character in the Craft House that had a dark, 'evil' description, and pointedly decided Turor would make as much fun of him as possible, ridiculing him in absolutely every way imagineable.

"Wot, ye lookin' all groompeh jes' cos yer daddeh beat ye when ye were youngahr? Mad cos' 'e didnae lorve ye? Jes' so ye know, ah bin wearin' black an' gold long afore ye were even' boarn, skippeh, an' I ain' doin' it cos ahm mad at der world. Ahm doin' eht fer lorve of me clan. Soomday yeh'll wek oop an' wonner whoy yer dressin' all in black, an' ye'll unnerstan' eht were a weste o' yer youngahr years. Better gear oop now an' stop lookin' so mopey."

I'm back.

cappyra

« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2006, 05:19:44 am »
I Transversed the Swamp of Lost Souls on Rilara enduring Hammer of the Gods spam from the friendly Troll Shamans to gather chestnuts in order to brew Dwarfs Head Ale for the Leilon Arms. =D

Later. . .

I took Marseille from Napoleon with a highly coordinated amphibious assault in Civ IV.   Your next Montezuma!

Slept for a few hours…

Drug myself out of bed to work out at 4:00a…  

Left Frederick, MD at 5:30a heading to work in DC…  sat in traffic (yes bumper to bumper at 5:30a every weekday oh joy) a trip that should only take 20 minutes…  takes 45 minutes..

Hopped on the Metro and read the paper as I listened with glee to all the morning rail delays…

Got a free Oatmeal raisin cookie when I got off the Metro..  SCORE!!!

Walked the last block and a half to my office completing my morning 1.5 hour commute and plopped down in front of my PC to read through the morning barrage of email and started scanning the Layo Forums. . . =)

Coffee. . .

Honora

« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2006, 05:32:16 am »
Woke at 3:30am when 13 month old screamed for bottle (trying to transition to sippy cup...god help us).  Buckled like an old doughnut in the face of no sleep, gave him a bottle, and went back to bed.  Up at 6:30am, change child, dress child, feed child, hurry up and dress and feed self, bolt out door before the weather gets really ugly, child to daycare, me to work.  Sitting here trying to find every instance of a small error in my calculations for the hot modulus of rupture of refractory material.

Well, you asked  :)

~Honora

Serissa

« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2006, 05:36:27 am »
I just got up, and of course went to Layo forums.  Yesterday I played on Layo, but I also combed and trimmed the roots of a 20 year old Rough-Bark japanese maple, and replanted it in the same pot.  I tossed 2 Trident maples over the hill as hopeless, repotted one, and did a major whack job on 2 more.  Spring is coming far too fast.

miltonyorkcastle

« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2006, 06:19:58 am »
Work, sleep, Layo, eat, watched Corpse Bride.

And you're back Diamond?  Like, really back?  or just being your usualy chaotic self?  =P.   Cole still hasn't gotten over Alayna, you son of troll's wart.  *snickers*