The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Why Im here  (Read 302 times)

Rasterick

Why Im here
« on: May 23, 2005, 07:23:00 am »
Yesterday, I logged onto the system several times throughout the day. The first couple of times was with a character called Reef O'hagan, and later in the evenning with Marion Saywer. Well to cut to the chase; in terms of sheer enjoyment and overall game experience, this was an absolutley fantastic day. I encountered some great characters, had a interesting chat with a halfling called Halfling, got involved in a 'Spontaneous quest to find a bandit chief', and last, but most certainly not least, met up with Bido, Burr, Gre, Geir, (and others, forgive me if I missed you out) and Maz never gained a single point of XP in the three hours between 21:00 - 23:59 GMT. No Im not complaining, what I'm trying to say is; what makes this place so good, is the people that drive them pixels round my PC monitor, those that embelish their characters with some fantastic tales that would grace any bookshop and the friendly and engrossing way in which you all contribute to this place.

This all reinforced the reasons why I stay here; great characters, quests, plots and places. Rolled up with some of the best RP I have ever come across... You all made my day.

thanks

Pete

Leanthar

RE: Why Im here
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2005, 07:54:00 am »
Great to hear this news.
  Good job to those players named and of course to the poster. :)

Vyris

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2005, 07:55:00 am »
I agree with you 100%. I met up with you a couple days ago when you were playing Ulver and I was playing Pang, I had a really good time, though we only spent probably 45 minutes doing RP and such, our meating brought a few other people together for something larger I think and I thought that was very cool, I started out wanting to chop a little wood, and ended up wandering halfway across Mistone with some folks I had never gotten a chance to play with before, it was a lot of fun. Any exp that was gained was incidental, and the richest reward was that I got to add a few more people to Pang's RP playerbase for the future.

Vyris

Trip1888

• Followers of Lucinda
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2005, 08:54:00 am »
I'm glad I could help Maz.  To tell you the truth, I'm glad that you took the time to talk to me.  Normally when I try to speak with people in town they're always busy busy busy.  No time to talk to you (all they're interested in is xp).  And even when you offer to go on their quests with them, sometimes they don't want you because "you need a few more seasons on you before you see this kind of action".  It was incredibly nice just to find someone who just wanted to sit and talk.  Sure adventuring is great and entertaining, but this is an RPG.  You have to touch all aspects of life.  And being on the go and adventuring isn't the only aspect (although some people treat it like it is).  Every once in a while you have to "stop and smell the roses" for lack of a better expression.  Sometimes just take the time to find new people, introduce yourself to them, and just have a chat.  How long was ours Maz?  Around an hour I think, but it flew by and I wasn't sitting there the whole time itching to go adventuring.  Some people say they're not good with conversation, and that's why they don't chat with people on Layonara.  But I am a very shy person and my chat with Maz was the first chat I've ever had with anyone on Layonara and it went all the way to an hour (it probably would have gone longer if I didn't have to do some repair work on my stupid clothes dryer =P.)  Anyways, all I'm trying to say, is that people should consider all aspects of RP (like I've already said).  Just take time to enjoy life (even if its fantatsy) and stop to smell the roses every once in a while.  And if your one of those people who are always wanting adventure, a good conversation is a pretty darn good way to get you some powerful allies.

-Bido Ryskill

P.S.:  A big thanks to Leanthar and all the GM staff for making this world such a great place!  You guys are running the best server in existence and that's why I'm staying.

Meizter

• Followers of Mist
    • Followers of Rofirein
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2005, 11:04:00 am »
I have to say that it was great last night. I had a great time discussing things that matters to my character at least, and thanks to Maz for listening. I have no idea of how long we sat by the lake talking but it is not of importance, for time flew by. it was really special to have time for that. And speaking of that I will also mention how great it was some time ago when two lads took the time to listen to a tale I told them for almost an hour.

Vyris

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2005, 11:16:00 am »
Hey Trip, look for me around Hlint, I'm happy to RP with anyone, Gulnyr, Talan, Lalaith, Fian... theres a whole list of people I don't think would rush by without stopping to say howdy...

Half the time I have a hard time getting any of the above folks out and doing something else! :) And.. you'll never be too low level to go out scouring the countryside with me, or them either I think, If you can stay IC and RP a reason to do just about anything that doesn't involve just rampant bloodshed I know most folks will go for it.

Vyris

steverimmer

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2005, 11:45:00 am »
...and of course if you see a small goblin dressed in wizards robes with a tall wizards hat, well instead of sticking a sword in him why not have a chat.  Bil is always ready to talk and even talk young characters out and about...yes he is :)

kiwi

• View Profile
    « Reply #7 on: May 23, 2005, 12:48:00 pm »
    I also met up with you yesterday my character name was Golrar quickfingers. if you remember.  You are a very good plaer and i enjoyed hearing about your chars story. it was great fun.

kiwi

• View Profile
      « Reply #8 on: May 23, 2005, 12:53:00 pm »
      heh bilvikki i remember saying hi to you. it was in the crafting house i was with reef at the time.

steverimmer

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2005, 02:50:00 pm »
      :)

Sakura

• View Profile
        « Reply #10 on: May 23, 2005, 03:29:00 pm »
        steverimmer - 5/23/2005  11:45 AM

...and of course if you see a small goblin dressed in wizards robes with a tall wizards hat, well instead of sticking a sword in him why not have a chat.  Bil is always ready to talk and even talk young characters out and about...yes he is :)

Bianca-chan loves Bil and his magic umbrella yes she does. :)

Hehe, Good job guys.. I love peaking in on a group and seeing what they are doing. It makes me feel good when they are sitting around chatting. Even if its about the most mundane things in the world its still special in its self.

aragwen

« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2005, 11:26:00 pm »
        I agree with that.

Thanks for listening to me for almost an hour while showing Reef and Quickfingers how to craft arrows and bows. Not everybody is interested in that. But I enjoyed learning myself and more so showing other people how it works. It adds a dimension to the world.

Well done to all for a great RP world.

Regards
        Aragwen

anything