The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: World Changes  (Read 168 times)

ZeroVega

World Changes
« on: May 21, 2005, 12:11:00 pm »
  Right, so this might be a little long but here goes...
    I know the entire team works to keep the world changing. Keep it realistic... change spawns, geography, and the look of cities and towns. Make it a real evolving world... but man have you guys outdone yourselves this time...
    Rilara... the Bloody Gate and the Iriand Mountains. Shoot... I thought they were both hard before. I've died in both areas, but now? Whew... Blood's Dwarven Mercinary Guards are just insane. Seriously nasty, and the demons you've got packed in there, while not overly tough to a trained party, are nastier than the giants that used to be there.
    To continue... Dregar (namely the Great Rift) is scare you silly. Some really really really nasty stuff in there, that I won't name here, but wow! I mean they had Gloin running. Just... wow.
    Haven't anything new placed on Roldem, but I've seen what's NOT there anymore and whatever took them out must have been reeeaaaly nasty.
    We come to East... ah beautiful East. I've noted that each server has a very different feel to it... East is riddled with tough fight after tough fight. A land of chaos and war where only the strongest can survive. Central is a massive zone of exploration with peaceful zones to RP and rest while still riddles with fights that even the toughest steer clear of. And West RPer's paradise, while still being an excellent and fairly challenging place for newcommers.
    But East, as far as I've seen has just gotten a whole lot nastier. As one person said (I'm rewording it a bit) "I wonder what L's definition of impossible is, cause this is way past that." Seriously, it's purely terrifying. (Also have to add in that "Milara's Mistake" was not only terrifying, but hilarious at the same time)
    The Great Library... I mean wow, just simply wow. The entrance is possibly the greatest thing I've seen on Layo yet. Perfectly built and the only thing I can immagine to be cool enough to sit on an all elven continent for a library that's err... really really old.
    The PC quests, the NPC quests, just spectacular. I've never ever thought of leaving, however now I don't think there's any doubt in my mind, that the only way I'll ever, ever leave, is if something in real life happens. I mean with all that's going on, I don't think there's anyway I could ever get bored. The RP never gets boring, and is even getting more exciting!
    To end this rant, thanks to all the Quest DMs, everyone that does something for Layonara, and especially L and all the content team who keep Layo feeling and looking like a real world. Man this is great. ZV-

Leanthar

RE: World Changes
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2005, 12:20:00 pm »
Thanks ZV.
  I want to point out that all of the camps/updates on this late update on East and Central can be dodged if one is careful.  Even West can be moved around and ignored so long as one is not trying to make it to a certain cave.  None of them were put in place to "fight"...they were put in place to show something major is/was happening.  Now, if somebody/some party wants to fight them then that is their call.

ZeroVega

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2005, 01:03:00 pm »
  Heh, almost forgot to recount a battle that was possibly the most exciting fight I've had (outside of quests).
    Synal'dur, Sand, and my character, Tath, headed off to the Bloody Gate Outskirts. Now we'd fought the demons, and there were a few dwarves and spell casters mixed in, so we figured we could take em, and it wouldn't be too much trouble to fight the larger group on the hill.
    We buffed up, and got up to the top of the hill... Syn, Sand, and a Teners formed Tath held em off well for a while, but that stinking chain lightning, and close to a dozen of Blood's Dwarves and it was starting to get nasty. Sand dropped to -3hp at one point, and after exhausting all of the potions I could use in Teners form, I ran as cast invisibility (I had 1hp at this point). I popped on a couple Target potions, and went back to help Syn who was doing well until the dwarves who'd been chasing me caught up with him and started taking him down.
    Syn started running and Sand miraculously healed and got back into the fight... I caught up to Syn at the same time Sand did, and we both cast our spells at the same time, Invisibility and a Healing spell. Well that's when I realized that Sand was visible and all the dwarves started chasing him. :o So a now not so hurt Syn jumps back into the fight while I cast invisibility on a now badly hurt Sand and summon a golem hopefully to help Syn win the fight, and indeed we won.
    It wasn't Epic, not even close. But I have to say, that is the first time I've fought a spawn that was an actual challenge. Usually it's either really easy, mildly dangerous, or you know you're going to die. But this... we went in there with confidence and were surpried at how hard our enemies fought back. Those dwarves were made to fight, and I think I speak for our group (Syn, Sand, and I) when I say, just running around testing ourselves against those dwarves, or exploring places we shouldn't be was a blast. (Note a use "places we shouldn't be as a way of saying "death trap") :)

FlameStrike

• Followers of Toran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2005, 01:12:00 pm »
True, when i saw that spawn i thought we couldn't make it, but it turned out well, and i guess i never saw Syn tanking up so many and holding so well... at least while Stoneskin lasted, hehe.

I have to say, and since ZV already quoted me, i'll say once more... I don't know what L's definition of impossible is, but he remade it pretty darn well this time, just head over to Xantril and check it out yourself, but be sure to bind yourself close first. ;)

Kudos to L and Layo's fantastic Team, they surely deserve it for the hard job they've been through, keep it up! ;)