The World of Layonara  Forums

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Development Journals and Discussion / Re: Sophia: Light Tome translation
« Last post by minerva on Today at 09:31:41 am »
Sophia leans back on the chaise as the Xeenite priestess Maria chants softly as she applies a salve to Sophia's neck and arms. Sophia sips from a goblet steaming with a fragrant potion and moans  in contentment.

“Those are the nasty bruises Mistress Sophia.  They look far different than when you and your lovers play. Did something happen?” she questions as she puts the container on a low nearby table and pours herself a glass of sparkling liquid before stretching out on the nearby chaise herself.

Sophia gives her a wry smile.  “You could say that.  Goras decided that today would be a lovely day to pay me a visit.  Him and my father's men.”

Maria grimaces “Goras. It's a wonder these aren't worse than they are or more of them.  That menace should be put down or locked up.”

“Well, putting him down will do no good I'm afraid.”  Sophia rises from the chaise and heads to her wardrobe.  “It would appear the bastard has bound himself to the stones.”   She sighs  “I wish they had killed him.  Now I will have to figure out a way to keep him from me that the stones cannot reverse.”

She sorts through outfits . “Steel offered to kill him for free.  That demon does nothing for free.  If I was thinking clearly I should have taken him up on the offer instead of allowing Wev to rip out Goras's throat.”

“Steel, is the demon you invited to the gala?  The one that wears a mask all the time?” Maria asks as she fingers the fine silk of one of the garments Sophia as pulled out for consideration.

“That's him. He's the reason these bruises are not worse and Mobakak is down a couple men.” she replies, sorting deeper into the wardrobe.

“Come to your rescue did he?  Big bad demon rescue you from big bad Goras .”  Maria fakes a duck as if Sophia would strike her for such a statement.

Sophia laughs in reply. “I need no rescue you should know better.  Wev had the situation but I am pissed I let my guard down.”

She considers a few outfits and shows her two choices  to Maria.  " The suit or the dress?"  She holds up a blood red leather body suit with strategic cut outs and a dress comprised of fine sheer royal purple silk and cloth of gold trim.

“Hmm, the suit would show your figure to perfection but the dress is much more easy access.  You know how the boys get during fights.  All those male energies”  Maria winks at Sophia and finishes her drink before pouring another.

Sophia laughs and considers the choices.    She grins back at Maria   “After the day I've had, definitely the dress.”  The leather bodysuit is replaced into the wardrobe. “I still feel dirty from Goras's hands.  A nice soak would do wonders”

With the bruises now almost faded to oblivion, Sophia takes some toiletries off the dresser and heads to ward Lexander's  heated baths.

“Care to join me Maria?” she calls over her shoulder.

The two women, wine glasses in hand stroll down the marble corridor of Lexander's home.  Tucked into the back is an outdoor pool with a view of the harbour and city.  It is almost twilight and lamps are being lit in the area of the stadium.  More and more of the city's citizens are gathering for the popular event.  Vendors are set up outside the venue hawking their street foods. 

Steam rises from the pool.  Tropical plants abound in the humid environment.  Braziers cast a low glow  and incense perfumes the air. 

“This is going to feel so good” Sophia murmurs as she sheds her dressing gown and wades into the warmed perfumed water.  She settles onto a submerged bench as a few slaves  melt out of the background with ewers of wine and a tray of bite sized treats.

“Oh, fried dough, my favourite” Maria squeals and grabs a couple of balls of flaky pastry before joining Sophia on the bench opposite her. “So, A demon?  What are you up to my friend?” 
General Discussion / Re: Sorry for absence
« Last post by miltonyorkcastle on May 27, 2024, 05:35:40 pm »
Wow. Definitely hope things turn around for ya, mate. We'll be here when you're ready to return.
Calendar Events / Layo GM Team Meeting
« Last post by miltonyorkcastle on May 26, 2024, 10:24:38 pm »
Start Time: 9am CST/CDT; 10am EST/EDT

We'll use Discord for the meeting.
Calendar Events / Quest: Fire in the Blood
« Last post by miltonyorkcastle on May 26, 2024, 10:20:21 pm »
Strange snakelike beings with the bodies and arms of men have been sighted around Dregar. They leave scorched earth in their wake.

A Sederen agent arrives at your door. You're not entirely sure how he knows who you are, but he offers you 1000 True to meet with the Sederen prince Dsen Ravorinin outside Arnax.

Start Time: 5pm CST/CDT; 6pm EST/EDT
Starting Location: Arnax Outskirts (the next area after the Arnax city area)
Level Range: All levels welcome and can contribute. However, be aware that combat will range from manageable for levels below 15 to difficult for levels over 30.
Took:
45x Thistle @30T = 1350T
16x Bodak Teeth @500T = 8000T
44x Hops @30T = 1320T
30x Pear Juice @125T = 3750T
Total: 14420T

Old credit 85390T - 14420T = 70970 of remaining credit
Paid 1442T to the tithe chest.

Görmungard
Took:
5x Arrow of Petrification @24105T
5x Teleportation Bolts  @780T
50x Arrows of the Longstrider @10200T
P.L's Longbow; Extra Ranged Damage Slashing, Mighty +4 @5742T
Total: 40827

Old credit: 764633T
New credit: 723806T
Paid 4083T to the tithe chest

/Markyl Hufvudsson\
Dropped off:
30x Pear Juice @125T = 3750T
Gem of Camouflage @60T
44x Hops @30T = 1320T
52x Witch Hazel @66T = 3432T
45x Thistle @30T = 1350T
16x Bodak Teeth @500T = 8000T
Total: 17912T

Old credit: 1466985T
New Credit: 1484897T

=Unther Hardhammer=
Dropped off:
F.D's Cloak; +2 Constitution, 5/ Fire Resistance @6816T
F.T's Robes; 5/ Acid Resistance, Druid circle 4 spell slot, Fortitude Saves +2, +4 Intimidate @16260T
M.T's Boots; +1 Intelligence, 10% Divine Immunity @9186T
E.M's Boots; +1 Strength, Ranger spell slot circle 1 @1920T
G.N's Helmet; +1 Dexterity, Sorcerer Spell slot circle 9 @11730T
D.J's Bracers; +1 AC (Armor), Paladin Spell slot circle 3 @2637T
M.S's Bracers; +1 AC (Armor), 5/ Sonic Resistance, +2 Perform @1956T
F.F's Full Plate; +2 Constitution, +2 Heal @13566T
T.T's Small Shield; +1 Constitution, +2 Concentration, Wizard Spell slot circle 8 @20436T
M.T's Hide Armor; Constitution +1, Immunity Paralysis, Paladin Spell slot circle 2 @34929T
P.L's Longbow; Extra Ranged Damage Slashing, Mighty +4 @5742T
D.R's Short Sword; +1 Enhancement Bonus, Massive Criticals 1d6, 1d4 Electrical Damage @7110T
5x Teleportation Bolts  @780T
50x Arrows of the Longstrider @10200T
Slayer's Belt @19500T

Total: 162768T
Old Credit: 1304217T
New Credit: 1466985T

=Unther Hardhammer=
Bought:
30x Sage @60T
Paid 1800T to the chest

Görmungard
Rumour Has It / For travellers of lands afar
« Last post by Chazzler on May 16, 2024, 07:28:47 pm »
*Posted on the boards of multiple towns reads the following*
Beware!
Those who would travel to Wandering Dunes of Dregar!
Strange Fiery Beasts sighted at Black Hills, north of North Fort at ant hill and also where the gigantic scorpions breed.
Be cautious, stay unseen if you can.

=Unther=
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
anything