The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Greetings to you all.  (Read 335 times)

bobby1361

Greetings to you all.
« on: May 07, 2007, 03:34:47 pm »
Greetings to everyone.
I hope you are all feeling well and i want to ask you all for help.
I need help with making a biography for my character.
Full Name:Luna MoonFire
Class(es):Wizard
Race:Elf
Subrace:Moonelf(moonelf is the normal elf race it says on the race page so does it count as a subrace?)
Alignment:chaotic good
Deity:
Biography and Description:Luna grew up in a small house after she had been abandoned by her parents for unknown reasons to her.She spent a few years on the streets before becoming the apprentice of a wizard who cared for her up to the day she left to get herself an apprentice.Due to the fact that only one person has ever cared for her she isn't very social and tries to keep to herself.She would prefer to be on her own most of the time unless she needed help.She someitimes tries to help people when it will help her in some way aswell but the way she does are not always the right way.
That is what i have at the moment.
Any advice on doing the rest?

ycleption

Re: Greetings to you all.
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2007, 03:55:29 pm »
Well, welcome to Layo :-)

My personal advice, is that you're going in the wrong direction. I would suggest that you figure what kind of story your character has, then decide on class and race and all that. Figure out the general outline, where they came from, major personality traits, then shade in details.
However, I know that doesn't work for everyone, so if you are set on that, try thinking about what made them a wizard (whether general trends of upbringing, or individual defining events), where they grew up, their family, etc. I know there's a list of questions for character building around here somewhere I'll edit this post if I find it. Poke around, I'm sure you'll find some helpful advice, and you can always read the recently approved character subs if you need some inspiration.
Good luck :-)

bobby1361

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2007, 04:02:54 pm »
thank you and i fonud the list.

Varka

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2007, 04:23:55 pm »
1) Check "Lore" under Layonara links:
Here you find some useful information on:
- Moonelf how they are in general - in this world
- Alignment:Lawful Neutral - an easy guide

2) New players - downloads.
Here you can find a handbook and maps over the world that I find useful.
a) Simply look shortly it over. Maybe you find an interesting background combination for your character.  

3) New players - Charactre Submisson.
Never played a Wiz but I guess you gotta read it ;)

4) Welcome dude ;)

bobby1361

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2007, 04:40:54 pm »
I looked again but i can't find much about moonelf.
The standard Elven subrace, others include Dark Elf, Gray Elf, Sea Elf, Sun Elf, Wild Elf and Wood Elf.So yeah not much on them.

Nyralotep

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2007, 07:11:16 pm »
A good place to check as well is the Player's handbook on the download section.  It's well done and informative.  Just click on the New Players link and go to the downloads section.