The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Hello!  (Read 230 times)

Zanadont

Hello!
« on: March 12, 2007, 07:22:32 pm »
Hello all!  I'm not new to NWN, but I am to Layo..  Another person was talking it up so I did a little investigating and liked what I could see so I figured I'd give it a try.   I've gotten my character approval already and I'm set to go!  (Chaz Hunter will be my first character here, he's still in the Submissions area for now, but he is approved and created. ;)

I do have one little problem though, and maybe it'll be resolved here once LORE comes back online... I downloaded all the required filles before the big move on the 11th.. the big .rar file that said all inclusive, and the others for portraits, heads, etc.  But it's still telling me I'm missing several files (6 of them, all beginning with layo_   It downloaded all the layov2_ ones, but *shrugs*)  So I won't be able to start investigating this world for a few more days I guess.. Just gotta drag out that suspense, don't ya! :D  Looking forward to it!

The following users thanked this post: Thak

Philosopher

Re: Hello!
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2007, 07:26:59 pm »
Look forward to RPing with you in the real world (A.K.A Layonara), you can forget the virtual world that everyone believes they live in now a days.
Any questions, don't be afraid to contact any of us, but some of us DO bite.

oneqtbebe

• Followers of Beryl
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2007, 07:27:11 pm »
Hi Zanadont, it would be nice if you could let us know a little more about yourself.. a name would be a good start? :-)

Zanadont

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2007, 07:48:38 pm »
Quote from: Philosopher
but some of us DO bite.

Woohoo!!

Quote from: oneqtbebe
Hi Zanadont, it would be nice if you could let us know a little more about yourself.. a name would be a good start? :-)

Ahh... Well... where to begin... Well... it all started 27 years ago (hears someone behind him cough.. That's my story and I'm sticking to it! *sends up a silent thank you to the Clairol family* ;).. ANYWAYS... My name is Daryl, I work in the computer industry, and I currently live in Arizona (US), but that may change *keeps fingers crossed*

As you can tell, I have a pretty good sense of humor..  I joke around a lot.  I'm openly gay, and a few of my friends have started referring to me as Ms. Cleo.  *shrugs* It's not my fault they continue to say "You'll never guess.......".  They *know* I'll guess if they say that... so I think on it (usually for less than a minute all told... I tend to trust my first impulses) and that usually preceeds either a lot of dead air on the phone followed by a disheartened "umm.. ya.." or a look of total shock.  hehe.. It's fun.  Half of them just confess things to me now rather than have me guess! hehe

That enough, or would you like me to fill out a match.com profile?  8)  hehe

oneqtbebe

• Followers of Beryl
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2007, 08:03:30 pm »
Har! Silly Ms. Cleo *smiles* Welcome to Layonara!

orth

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2007, 08:27:38 pm »
Hi Zanadont,

Sorry about the issue with LORE being down and your missing haks, I'll be combining all the HAKS together into the one megadownload, and LORE is going through a transformation phase, but until then you can grab the downloads at http://www.layonara.com/local_links.php

Hope that helps, and welcome!
orth

anything