The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Hello hello  (Read 241 times)

Dorax Windsmith

Hello hello
« on: April 17, 2007, 05:33:35 pm »
I like this thread becuase as much as I try to keep myself in character I can't help but wonder what people are like in real life.  So here is my story:

I am 38 years old and am in the US NAVY as a Submarine Officer.  I have been married to my wife for 19 years (yea I got married too young...but hey, I was 19 and thought I knew everything about everything back then).  We have 3 Children, two of which have characters and occasionally play on the server.  The NAVY keeps me extremely busy and so my play time is relatively small and often irratic but I love it here.  I have been playing on the server for about 2 years now and since starting here I don't play anything else.  I enjoy getting to know everyone and am willing to try almost anything.  I grew up in Oregon and started playing D&D when I was about 12 years old but never really had a group that played it regularly together and never experienced role playing, at least not like it is here in Layonara.  When I was in college I saw a computer D&D game (Forgotten Realms series) and used to spend hours playing them.  When Baulder's Gate came out I played that too but never played NWN's until some friends showed me Layonara.  Anyway, even after 2 years my wife still doesn't really like me playing much and even though she has an approved character I have been miserably unsuccessful at getting her into it....but I will keep trying since I don't think I will ever stop playing.

I appreciate everyone who spends time and effort to make this world enjoyable for others, thank you.  I hope to continue to learn, enjoy and participate as best I can.  See you in game!

The following users thanked this post: Nyralotep

Black Cat

Re: Hello hello
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2007, 02:37:09 pm »
I hope you were not on one of those submarine getting back to Norfolk, blocking the start of the Sailing Race... *grins* not that it matter, my coutryman, Stamm, will win it anyway, despite all the effort of the US Navy to hinder him *grins*

Thanks anyway to providing all of us with a free portal

Dorax Windsmith

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2007, 06:05:13 pm »
Haven't been to Norfolk in a while.....and even longer since I was on a submarine there.  Of course I can't confirm or deny my presence or any operations that I may or may not have been involved in *cheesy grin*.  And I wish Stamm the best of luck in the race!

jrizz

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2007, 06:53:21 pm »
For some reason they all sank except the US team, odd really odd.

anything