The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Hello Layonara!  (Read 548 times)

Juzzo

Hello Layonara!
« on: February 25, 2012, 06:18:23 pm »
Hi guys!

Last time I visited Layonara was back around 04-05. I remember it being one of the funnest times Ive had roll-playing ever. Real life conspired against me as I awaited the start of my L-10 CDQ and took me away from the game. Recently I found you guys on Facebook, and the memories of fun found their way back, So I went and dug through the boxes in the very bottom back part of my closet, and pulled out (And blew the dust off) my old copy of NWN. Currently downloading the hak packs and looking forward to re-visiting the place.

I dont consider myself a roll-playing great, however...After playing with real greats, 'rp' games are just plain missing something without rp'ing players. I stay in character, and try to flesh out a story for myself, but find the most fun to be experiencing my fellow players stories as a companion adventuring along side them.

I will be submitting a character shortly, but would like to have him be a descendant of my original, and would like for someone to fill me in on how much in game time has passed since I last played. Lets see...Major events at the time were the discovery of the elven library under the sea, and the dark-elf invasion of Hlint. Pretty sure ol' Illin was one of the first to be branded with one of those tattoos the Dark-elves were forcing on folk back then.  

Anyways...looks like Im getting long of word...Looking forward to getting back!

ShiffDrgnhrt

Re: Hello Layonara!
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2012, 06:47:47 pm »
Welcome (back)!  It's great when new (and old) blood comes to the party! :)

Jilseponie Wyndon

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2012, 06:52:22 pm »
Welcome Welcome Welcome!

Guardian 452

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2012, 07:24:52 pm »
Who was your character back then?

Still a few of us old timers around.

Several hundred years has past. Best thing to do is look at the timeline on LORE LORE: The Layonara Timeline
The current year is 1494

Lance Stargazer

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2012, 07:29:20 pm »
Welcome back indeed mate.  hope you enjoy the world that is still on the run .

Cheers

Juzzo

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2012, 09:26:27 pm »
@Guardian: I played Illin Grael ---> http://forums.layonara.com/development-journals-discussion/92014-illin-graels-book-tactics-introduction.html

I mentioned quite a few of the people I adventured with in that thread.

I had checked the time line a bit earlier, was going to ask the current year next, but you answered that one ahead of time (Psychic?!?!)

Looks like the library was found in 1377...So a bit more than 100 years have passed. Looks like ill play Illins great grandson ;)

Juzzo

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2012, 09:27:30 pm »
In addition....Thanks for the welcomes guys!

RollinsCat

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2012, 09:32:39 pm »
When you get in come on round the Silver Buckle or look up Andrew Reid or Ty Reid-Dragonheart.  wb!

Pen N Popper

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2012, 03:03:23 pm »
Drop my PC, Honeybee,  a tell any time if your PC needs some guidance around the world. She is most often found in Center giving away food and healing potions. She's non-combat but is glad to go along as your walking bandaid.

Juzzo

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2012, 03:09:43 pm »
Hey, ill look you both up!

Having a few issues at the moment, going to poke around the forum for some troubleshooting threads.

My hair and skin is showing (To me at least) as a silvery color, and although other merchants I have chatted with were not a problem, the 'front-line' vender causes my client to crash when I try to see what he has for sale.

Guardian 452

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2012, 03:42:29 pm »
that sounds exactly like what I had going.

I went around and around with that issue.
http://forums.layonara.com/general-discussion/282422-new-pc-having-graphics-issues-w-layo.html

I finally had to do a total reinstall of the Layo hack packs. You are missing some file(s) I betcha.

Juzzo

« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2012, 01:46:29 am »
Well, ive resolved the silver people problem, but after a day of trying various things, that weapons vendor still crashes my client.

Guardian 452

« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2012, 01:48:50 am »
I had the same issue. Its some of the newer appearances on some weapons.

Juzzo

« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2012, 03:27:27 am »
Yea, I read the entire thread you linked to, unfortunately, I dont have a copy on my wives computer to copy over..heh.

Guardian 452

« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2012, 07:55:44 am »
Sorry man. Ya should ! LOL

Its a frustrating ordeal. Everyone was sure it was some driver issue with my graphics. Im still sure its some file issue inside one or some of the haks.

Juzzo

« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2012, 11:47:12 am »
Ive deleted and re-copied them in a few times. Im using a pretty nice Nvidia card, might be something to that..brand wise.

There another place to get a hold of newbi weaps? Not too big of an issue, except for needing a long-sword.

Ill try dl'ing the hak packs individually, start replacing them, maybe the all-in-one has a bad one in it.

Worst case, if you were willing, could try e-mailing me yours.

Juzzo

« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2012, 12:29:21 pm »
Actually, after googling around....Seems this problem happens with the newer versions of NWN sold nowadays. I couldn't find my expansion disks, so went with the GOG version for a few bucks.

Others ive found, as with you, had the problem solved by using an older version of the game. Strange....Guess Ill try a few more things, then go back to digging in the closet, worst case.

Guardian 452

« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2012, 12:47:22 pm »
If you need someone to hand you a sword I can help with that just send me a tell if ya see any of my characters in game.

Weird with the older version of NWN cause I had / have old versions of the disks and yet I had this problem when installing on this PC.

I too have an nvidia card. But I tried about every driver under the sun and none fixed it.

Juzzo

« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2012, 01:58:00 pm »
I found a huge thread over on the Nvidia site about newer cards having major issues with NWN. None specifically my problem...Ah well, ill keep plucking away!

I may just take you up on the offer of the sword ;)  (All trouble shooting and no play...etc, etc, etc)

Pandapuff7

« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2012, 03:09:05 pm »
Welcome back! If you need a fellow blade or just some good rp Pm Alestir Brighton!

-Virgil