The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Hello to layonara  (Read 235 times)

the.fall.within

• View Profile
    Hello to layonara
    « on: October 05, 2007, 02:26:28 pm »
    Hello to everyone!

Forgive me I am just getting used to this forum. I saw an introduce yourself thread and thought to introduce myself!

I am busy reading everything on the layonara site and pretty soon I will submit my very first character. I have played on other role playing servers but this is my second neverwinter server i am trying. The other one seemed to be dying and I have old hardware so I cant play neverwinter2 online.

A quick question; I am looking to make a branderback rogue (awesome writing on this diety, I love it!!) Where is a good place to start? Read that there are locations for certain races/worshippers that start in this world? Thanks!

Thats me, and I hope to see you in the game!!

Interia_Discordius

Re: Hello to layonara
    « Reply #1 on: October 05, 2007, 02:31:53 pm »
    Welcome to Layonara :) Enjoy seeing a new face everyday.

Branderback, if I recall correctly, has a temple in the sewers of Prantz. After the latest updates, I'm not sure if this still stands, but I'm sure someone can make that certain for you.

Otherwise, LORE has all the information you need on deities, races, and the like :)

Xirion

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2007, 02:40:24 pm »
    Hey, welcome to layo, you have chosen a really enjoyable place, thats for sure!

Quote from: the.fall.within
    Where is a good place to start? Read that there are locations for certain races/worshippers that start in this world? Thanks!

There are two starting locations, on the one hand Port Hempstead, for "nice guys", good alligned PC's with an "ordinary race" like humans dwarfs or elvs.

On the other hand Vehl. A bit more gloomy and shaby and for the one that went on adventures for their own good and "monster races" like dark elves, orcs or something like that, which are not allowed to enter Port Hempstead.

>Xirion>

Dorganath

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2007, 03:22:50 pm »
    Quote from: Interia_Discordius
    Branderback, if I recall correctly, has a temple in the sewers of Prantz. After the latest updates, I'm not sure if this still stands, but I'm sure someone can make that certain for you.

It is still present in-game as stated.

Also remember that while we may not represent all of them in-game, there are temples and/or shrines to nearly every deity in all the big cities, and even the small towns may have some kind of shrine.

Skywatcher

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2007, 03:29:35 pm »
    Welcome to Layo.  As far as your bio goes you can start anywhere that makes sense but when you create your character and play for the first time you will have a choice of Port Hempstead (for more lawful and good types) and Fort Vehl (for more Chaotic and not so good types).  I would recommend starting in Vehl for this character but that doesn't have any impact on the bio.  It's just the first place your character will start off in the world.

Acacea

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2007, 03:31:43 pm »
    As they have already said, welcome ;)

Just to clarify, one can be evil and start in Port Hempstead, or be 'good' and start in Fort Vehl - it's simply that evil in Port Hempstead must be quiet, unnoticed, and disguised because there are good people at the helm, whereas in Vehl's seedy cesspool, everyone generally learns to mind their own business or worry about getting a dagger in the back. It's more of a theme than alignment restriction - but yes, monster races should start in Vehl regardless of alignment. :)

Vehl would probably be good for Branderback - he has a lot of followers in a halfling clan in the nearby Gloom Woods that associate with Vehl, and in general it's easier to 'make what's yours mine' there, despite the Rofireinite presence trying to keep order in chaos. However, it's just as easy to start in Hempstead, depending on his style - it is a huge port town and all sorts of people go in and out, and one of the favored dock taverns is the Scamp's Mug, a rowdy, chaotic Shadonite haunt which may draw allies of the god of mischief.

The secret hideout in Prantz is still there, yeah, though RP wise there are of course local shrines and gatherings in many places that remain secret.

((Edit: Too slow!))

darkstorme

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2007, 05:51:14 pm »
    Brampton!  Not far from my old stompin' grounds!

Welcome!

the.fall.within

• View Profile
      « Reply #7 on: October 05, 2007, 09:46:29 pm »
      Thanks for the warm welcome!! I just made my first character submission here! Hope I did it ok

Cambo

• View Profile
        « Reply #8 on: October 06, 2007, 11:57:02 am »
        Hey hey, yeah, saw the character submission, I like-a-the-story. :D

Lydyn

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2007, 03:10:15 am »
        O.o Oh noes! I forgot to poke you! *Poke*

:p Welcome!

-Lydyn