The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Hmm... wonder if anyone would notice...  (Read 856 times)

Vyris

Hmm... wonder if anyone would notice...
« on: November 27, 2008, 03:29:34 pm »
if I just sneaked in and submitted a character without saying hello

//how come 'sneaked' seems to be a word, but 'snuck' is not? Who spell-checks the spellcheckers anyway?

Wow, anyway. It's time for my yearly attempt to get back into playing Layonara!

*trumpets; fanfare*

Hopefully this time my attempt won't be ruined by some life altering RL event that causes me to relocate, jobhunt, remain hopitalized, become incarcerated, contract a potentially deadly disease or spend 4 months in Iraq, again.

Some of you might remember me as one of the following characters
a) Bidwick Mandershanks - Fatally flawed human fighter multiclass alcoholic recluse.
b) Berdin Stonebrow - When someone makes reference to the stodgy, suspicious, abrasive, magic-user hating stereotypical dwarven priest of Vorax... this is the guy they were referring to.
c) Gork - Half-ogre fighter. He used to chase cats around Hlint, 'Heeere kitty!' eat garbage and say 'Gork' a lot.

I used to play a lot with Gulnyr, Doc-Holiday, Klaug and just about anyone else that wanted some company.

I'm gonna go make an effort to become familiar with the history since the war with Bloodstone, and submit a character while I install NwN and all the layo files on my brand new PC

vyris

The following users thanked this post: lonnarin, Chazzler, Thak, Stephen_Zuckerman, mumbles, Hellblazer

Link092

Re: Hmm... wonder if anyone would notice...
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2008, 03:34:49 pm »
maybe this is one of those Thanksgiving miracles? :)

Howdy!

minerva

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2008, 03:44:46 pm »
Hey Vyris

Good to see you back...or at least attempting

Remember to update to 1.69 and get the new haks

Don't go afk or I will penguin Berdin and blame it on swamp gas.

mumbles

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2008, 03:56:09 pm »
it will be nice to see an old face back i remeber Berdin and gork from way back lol , Anyways hope to see ya in game mate

twidget658

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2008, 04:09:27 pm »
Good to see you attempting to come back.

I remember when Berdin and Jennara came into the smitty and was doing sign language to Rodlin to get him to smelt thier copper. That was a long time ago, but a very memorable moment for me.

Good luck on your return!

Dorganath

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2008, 04:39:45 pm »
*waves* Hey there. Welcome back.

Oh and anything Berdin blamed on swamp gas....wasn't swamp gas. :\

Gulnyr

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2008, 04:54:03 pm »
Berdin's room is just like he left it.  And so is the little shrine to Vorax.

Vyris

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2008, 05:07:35 pm »
:P having a problem with installing, got through everything to where it asked for the first CD again, then it froze up, now all I can get is it asking it I want to uninstall.

Grrrr.

vyris

Asmodean

« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2008, 06:31:57 pm »
Good to see you again Vyris!!  Can't wait to see you in game.  Yes, Andrios and I have been back in game since March, yet unfortunately we can't convince our third musketeer to join us.  He is busy with his kids and other RL issues.  Hope to see you in game.  Iradril is still active, but most of my other characters are not.  I do have a new one you will have to meet in game.

Andrios

« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2008, 10:23:07 pm »
Heya!   Great to hear from you again.  Hope to see you around IG.  
Tha is gone, but there is a certain Rofireinite Paladin that would not mind waging war with a Voraxian dwarf by his side!
Good luck getting back.

Vyris

« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2008, 12:31:45 am »
I'm really looking forward to getting in the game with you guys again, too bad Tha is a gonner, but I am looking forward to meeting everyones new characters, as well as rekindling some old friendships. I hope my new character gets approved while I sleep tonight, and I can hop on and get my bearings in the morning.

Good to see you all and thanks for the many welcome backs

V yris

Harlas Ravelkione

« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2008, 03:26:43 am »
Heya Vyris - Welcome back!

EdTheKet

« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2008, 04:08:49 am »
*waves* Hi Vyris!

jjkolb

« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2008, 01:13:58 am »
Hey Vyris.  Klaug has basically become a hermit.  He comes out every once in a while though, like when he hears Jennara speed by.

lonnarin

« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2008, 02:21:51 am »
Welcome back Vyris!  Hope it's for keeps this time!

Updates on my characters you might remember.

Bjornigar Ironguts is stronger, fatter and more flatulent than ever, and now currently retrofitting his house in Leringard into an orphanage.

Farros Galdor went insane, started wearing a demonic mask with a wicked suit and started a movement of anti-authoritarian, regicidal maniacs.

The rest would be too new to remember.  My old roommate Czukay is back, however.

Vyris

« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2008, 12:34:26 pm »
Ha! Bjornigar must be straining the physical limits of his own skin by now! And... I always thought Farros was insane anyway? maybe I missed something :)

Well, I am all set to hop on as soon as I get a character approved, hope to see you sometime this weekend.

Vyris