The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: I did NOT do it I swear!  (Read 847 times)

I did NOT do it I swear!
« on: April 08, 2010, 06:08:01 pm »
I am NOT a new player.  This is NOT my introduction thread.  

There is NOTHING to see here.  Move along, move along.  Oh do you see it?  Yes that thing that's over there!  It's very pretty!  So shiny, so shiny.  I think you should try to pounce on it!

...what?

...the broken vase?

I don't know what you're talking about.

It wasn't me!  

Why are you all looking at me like that?

Fiiiiiine.  It was me.  I'll be honest for the first time in my life.   Hmph.   But I don't have to like it.  And I don't have to be sorry either!  I meant to break that vase!  I meant it!  And I'm proud of it!   And there is nothing you can do to stop me!

...what do you mean you can ban my I.P.?   This is madness!  Outrageous!  I want some Tang!

[Five minutes later]

Tang is good!  So anyway...how are you people?  Good good.  

...what?  I didn't even give you a chance to respond?  Well pfft.  Who ever reads responses to people's threads in this day and age.  I mean seriously.  I'm just here to do that thing you do when you're writing lots of things about slaying vampires and dressing like Sailor Moon.

...what?  This isn't a Sailor Moon roleplaying site?    Nuts...what about Twilight?

...No?  Harry Potter then?

....fiiiiine.  I guess I'll do some fantasy roleplaying.   I'm looking at the Lore right now.  It looks kinda intimidating.    I mean the very first thing says to "Read the Player Rules."    Do you really expect me to follow rules?  

Uh...er....um...I think I see a flying spaghetti monster over there....

...Okay okay...I will follow the rules...now to create my high fantasy version of Robin Hood.  YA-HAH!

...what?  I can't pick pocket?  

Oh!  Oh I can!  But...I have to have the consent of the other players?  You mean I have to talk to them OOCly?  But...they're kinda scary.  I don't really know them.  And they might be aliens.  

...what do you mean I have to and that's that?  Well...fine!  I'll uh...um...ask...for...permission...this isn't doing much for my ego you know.  I played a God in the last game I was in.  The chicks really dig Gods, you know.  All that raging testosterone and um...uh...

....NO SEXUAL ENCOUNTERS?  What?  You mean...no Hermione and Earthworm Jim fantasies?  You mean I can't be an egotistical alpha male that deliberately ruins the lives of people and their families IC and OOCly?  Gosh...this is starting to sound like an actual game here and not a bunch of internet fluff.

Um...well okay!  I guess I'll just have to take my aggression out on the legions of spawning undead.  Yes!  I'll sit there all day and start CRACKING SKULLS AND BONKING HEADS AND FEASTING UPON THE GLORY DESTRUCTION OF...

...what?  I can't camp?  Not even in the slightest?  You mean I can't make up for my inability to roleplay by having a real titan of a character that can pee double-you ehn everyone in just a manner of weeks?   What do you people want from me!

You!  Yeah!  You!  Mister Administrator Guy or Girl!  WHAT DO YOU EXPECT FROM US!  

Oh...and hi.  I'm Brian Black.

Nice to meet you all.   I haven't played Neverwinter Nights in a few years, but I think I'm ready to start playing again.  It's nice to see such a large group of people wanting to actually play a game and avoid all of the goofy stuff that seems to take away from it.  

I hope I didn't annoy anyone in real life here.  I just kind of got a little bored.   Boredom makes me ramble, but I can assure you that I can develop some pretty fun characters that'll hopefully have people rolling around the floor and giggling until they pee themselves.   But let's try not to do that this time okay?  I don't think the people that run this place want to have stains on the carpet.  

...and I already broke that vase over the---wait...I mean...I did NOT break anything!  How dare you accuse me!  I thought you were all my friends!  How rude!

The following users thanked this post: lonnarin, cbnicholson, Masterjack, Pseudonym, geloooo, Pandapuff7

merlin34baseball

Re: I did NOT do it I swear!
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2010, 06:11:36 pm »
erm... Welcome? ;)

Hellblazer

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2010, 06:26:33 pm »
Quote from: Brian Black
 Boredom makes me ramble

I'm betting 200 trues that you'll get along just fine with Acacea then ;)

Oh and by the way, welcome to layo.

Warchild214

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2010, 06:32:35 pm »
Welcome to Layo.

Ravemore

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2010, 06:40:05 pm »
LOL Nice... looks like you would do good with a gnome character. ;-)

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2010, 07:00:17 pm »
More of a human preference myself.   But I can't help but wonder how easy it is to level up without actually grinding.   I mean...are there any rewards for having your character sitting around reading all the time?  Or perhaps listening to other people talk?   Eh hehe.

I mean what if I wanted to try to start my new character and grow him through a course of diplomacy.  I can't really picture him wandering around slicing up demons just so he can build up his sweet-talking skills.

lonnarin

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2010, 07:23:49 pm »
Welcome aboard!  I look forward to meeting you in game.  You can certainly gain XP from roleplay here.  The GMs are very good at listening and rewarding well played RP moments.  For the best diplomatic involvement, watch that GM Quest Calendar like a hawk and sign up for as many quests that you can muster.  Really a top notch crew here who know how to pay homage to the tabletop experience.

I think you and my gobbo, dwarf pirate & demented skald will get along just fine. ;)

ShiffDrgnhrt

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2010, 07:51:46 pm »
What?  Vase?  What are you talking about...  I broke that weeks ag-...  Oh you mean THAT vase....  Yeah...  wasn't me...  *shifty*  Musta been the new guy...

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2010, 08:33:18 pm »
Hey! That's just outrageous!  You mean I just rebroke the vase that you...grrr...oh well.  Shows you what good super glue does!  

And thanks!  I'm not really sure what my character is going to be though.  I might make one of those lawful good snoozers that have no sense of humor and like to sip brandy when no one is looking.  Wouldn't that just ruin all the fun.

^^

But I doubt it.  ;)

ShiffDrgnhrt

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2010, 08:51:55 pm »
If you go to irc.layonara.com/client/mibbit.html , you will find a number of community members that will be glad to talk to you about everything ranging from character submissions to the deities to rules.  Just don't ask for quicker approvals.  That's a no-no.  :)  Come on over, maybe we can talk about some ideas

« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2010, 09:03:33 pm »
Thanks!  Yeah, oddly enough, I had discovered the IRC thing before you mentioned it.  Not sure how, just kind of poking around LORE and thought I was clever enough to discover some mistakes.  

But...I failed.  :D  But oh well.  Lots of really good information.  Wish I could put more quotes on my sig.

Alatriel

« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2010, 09:34:33 pm »
Welcome to Layo :)

cbnicholson

« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2010, 10:04:11 pm »
okay I lol'd..Welcome to layo! :D
"Give a man a mask and he will show you his true face." 

Oscar Wilde

Lance Stargazer

« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2010, 10:08:38 pm »
*Keeps aiming his Instant kill key at Tyra *

*clears his throat*  Oh and welcome to Layo , Great place to have fun, Hope to see you in game.

« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2010, 10:20:36 pm »
Hey! No killing anyone in my introduction thread!  

...at least while I'm looking!

Pandapuff7

« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2010, 11:28:29 am »
Lol Welcome!

Im eager to meet your characters ingame :)

« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2010, 09:43:26 pm »
Thanks.  :)  Working on it.   Bio is taking awhile since it's kinda like 9 pages right now. -_-

ShiffDrgnhrt

« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2010, 09:50:04 pm »
9?!  What?!  Guess, you sure don't mess around...  (or do you...)

Pseudonym

« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2010, 10:03:59 pm »
Quote from: Brian Black
.... it's kinda like 9 pages right now. -_-

Does that mean it's 8 or 10?  ;)

PS. Welcome to Layo!  :)

Why have I never got into emoticons before now?  O.o

« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2010, 06:23:56 pm »
Quote from: ShiffDrgnhrt
9?!  What?!  Guess, you sure don't mess around...  (or do you...)

Well it's basically a bunch of journal entries that kind of started telling a narrative about the character and people that are now in his past.  And it blends in different things in the Layonara universe.  Ask some of the people (like yourself) about my activities in the IRC chatroom.  I've been asking ridiculous amounts of questions about the universe.

And then people tell me some things are outdated and then they give me other ideas.  It's all been really helpful.  I really want to kind of get approved at the very beginning.   Although you know, I haven't really shared my character bio with anyone, but needless to say I think they'll have a pretty good idea about my character and why he is the way he is.

But I've been messing around a little as I had a really busy weekend and haven't had the time to complete it yet.  Haha.

And I think I had just hit the 9 page mark...although it might be 9 and a half.  So yes, Pseudonym, it's either 8 or 10 right now.  XD

I just can't remember where I was since it's been a few days since I had the chance to look at it.

I'll get it completed soon and look forward to playing with you guys soon. :)

anything