The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: The Tan  (Read 423 times)

Tanman

The Tan
« on: March 27, 2007, 06:31:35 am »
Hi everybody, I thought that I would jump on the bandwagon and introduce myself.  Unlike the majority of who mainly come from Australia, US or Canada, I come from across the Tasman, New Zealand.  I live in the North Island of New Zealand, in what you might consider to be a relatively small city of Hamilton. My name is Wei-Yen Tan pronounced “Way Yen”
  I enjoy a range of activities especially travelling. One day I hope to visit Canada to see one of my friends who immigrated there a while ago. I am working on getting him into Layonara as well. ;)

I discovered Layonara at the end of June and I have not looked back. Layonara was my first experience of an online world, and before I started playing I did not think highly of the MMORPG genre thinking that they might have the poor standards of role-play that are exhibited in other games such as most areas of World of Warcraft. :rolleyes:

I was pleasantly surprised that Layonara is not that at all. Although, there is a lesser population than what other MMORPG have, it is instead replaced by an experience that is rich in nature and immersive. I have since joined the team and having done so, come to appreciate more the effort that Leanthar and his team put into this world.

I have made a great lot of friends in Layonara and   hope that we do hope to meet each other in-game eventually. You can find a picture of me below. Post any questions and I will try to answer them as best I can.

The following users thanked this post: Thak, Kindo

Interia_Discordius

Re: The Tan
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2007, 07:05:21 am »
Thanks for writing the introduction! I was always a bit curious on seeing the New Zealand location place under your name.

MMORPGs give real RPGs a bad name. Glad you're with us instead of over... there.

miltonyorkcastle

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2007, 11:23:28 am »
New Zealand is on the top of the list for places I want to visit.

Philosopher

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2007, 06:03:51 pm »
So THERE'S the guy that likes Tallia :)

Nyralotep

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2007, 06:53:38 pm »
Places I want to visist are Austrailia and New Zealand.  Heh, I was sure Tanman refered to someone who was a sun worshipper for some reason.

Polak76

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2007, 06:48:44 pm »
So here is the Man himself.

Nice intro.  I look forward to meeting you guys in the cricket finals.  
Polak76

Tanman

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2007, 07:41:33 pm »
Hahah.. we did win the last game against Australia. The first in a long time I think. *grins*

anything