The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Uh oh.....  (Read 279 times)

AeonBlues

Uh oh.....
« on: March 13, 2007, 09:54:32 pm »
Rough biographical outline:

Joshua Miller born 4/19/72 somewhere in California.

Being that both my parents were officers in the U.S Coast guard I moved many times while growing up.  I discovered PnP D&D and then AD&D while visiting my sister when I was 16.  I fished Ultima I - V and was very exited to play the original Pool of Radiance game on my comodor 64.  I also played many other PnP games, and some warhammer 40K.  My best PnP experience was playing in Amber games ran by Erick Wugic in Detroit Michigan, before the Amber roll playing game was printed.  I even let the party fail miserably in a mission because I chose not to meta game.  In this instance I knew OOC that we needed to dump some chaos blood on that ghost pattern, but my character was too busy being tormented by her dead father the entire session to know IC.

After I graduated from high school, I enlisted in the U.S Army and was in basic training when Sadam invaded Kuwait.  Dumb luck prevailed, as I requested to be stationed in England.  I was later told that this was stupid as there are no Army bases in England, but lo and behold, I was stationed on a Air force base  under the Army's United Kingdom Signal Company.  I was trained to trouble shoot field radios, but there were none on that base and so I spent a lot of time doing paper work and hanging out in English pubs.

I moved to Santa Cruz California in 1992, and started using the name Aeon Blues, while DJing for Free Radio Santa Cruz.

Jobs was never my strong point.

I moved to Humbolt county after going there to tape a radio interview with Julia Butterfly.  I sat in redwood trees for North Coast Earth First!, and helped with fund raising, training new activists, and re supplying the sits.

I ended up back in Santa Cruz, where I got a job with a worker owned bike messenger service called Pedaler's Express (Not a typo), where I worked for 3 years before playing poker professionally.  I played poker for another 3 years before I got too bored to make a profit.  I ended up in Olympia Washington where I started playing PnP again, though I never stopped playing computer games.

I am currently living in Olympia WA, working a boring telecommute job that is poker related.  I DM a PnP D&D game for some friends of mine, and I volunteer for Books to Prisoners here in Olympia.  

I am huge fan of science fiction, fantasy, and animation.  

I've been playing on Layonara for almost a year now, and love every minute.  Some might say that I am wasting my time, but I am having more fun here then anywhere else I have ever been, and having fun is my only goal in life.

My favorite movie is Princess Mononoke.

The greatest lesson I have ever learned is: Don't date two polyamorous scorpios at the same time.  

AeonBlues

MJZ

Re: Uh oh.....
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2007, 12:11:56 pm »
Man you've had quite the set of jobs... and I thought I had a wacky plan with being a stable boy! :D Sorry to hear about the boring telecommute going on atm, though.. how about an emu farm?

I've been wondering what character(s) you've had here other than Coyote, actually.

Ahh, Princess Mononoke. *Points at your avatar* I suspected as much! What didja think of Steam Boy?

Anyways, great to hear from you! Good hunting :p

AeonBlues

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2007, 05:10:36 pm »
Steam boy was good!

I also played Cymeran Vrin, Marvis Tinderbark, and Gleam Tinkerwise.

Aeon

Nehetsrev

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2007, 05:23:43 pm »
PRC-77's?  RT-524's?

Anyway, sounds like you & I were in the ol' US Army right about the same time.  I finished my training as a 29E10 (Radio Repairer) at Ft. Gordon, GA near the end of July 1991, just after Desert Storm ended.  I'm guessing you were trained at Ft. Gordon as well, since it's the home of the Signal Corp.

AeonBlues

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2007, 08:13:32 pm »
Ft. Sill, Oklahoma :D  Basic and AIT there.

Nehetsrev

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2007, 08:49:49 pm »
Bah!  Go figure.  And now I live in Oklahoma!

anything