The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: well its about time.  (Read 435 times)

cbnicholson

well its about time.
« on: January 21, 2015, 03:47:02 pm »
update: 29 April 2019
Hmm, 4 years since I last touched this and ten years from the initial post.  So some updates are in order.  Firstly, Both of my pain in the arse children made me a grandfather 4x. Son  has a daughter, Daughter has 2 daughters and a boy.  Coincidentally, my newest favorite t-shirt reads "Great Dads get promoted to Grandfathers!".  Still married, still working the same job except I got a nice lateral and upward promotion with pay raise. What else?  Oh, enjoying 5th Edition immensely since a game store opened in town and Roll20 provides some online game time as well with friends scattered near and far. 
I must say, I'm excited about Layo moving to Enhanced and I'm going to be giving the transfer a try tonight, already got NWN enhanced , might as well see if I can get Layo working. End of update.

Hello, I've been in Layo for more than a year now but I've never taken the time to introduce myself since the new forums came about. My rl name is Chuck Nicholson and I live and love it here in Southern Minnesota, USA. My Characters here on layo are Ben and Daniel Poetr, two brothers who started from similar backgrounds, grew apart, and are now discovering they have more in common than they thought. Other facts of note: Married almost 17 years to my high school sweetheart, Nancy, and have two pain the arse yet beautiful children, one, my son of 16 years, some of you have met in the guise of Tragor, the half giant. Christine is my oldest and only daughter 17 going on 25 if she has her way. Other fairly close family members who play here are Talia, my sister and Zergon her boyfriend. My real life job involves hardware and software support for a web based lab application and I work for Mayo Foundation in Rochester, MN. To put it bluntly, I'm a hardware monkey..troubleshooting and swapping parts on dell boxes, shipping em off via Fed Ex to keep client sites happy.. Its a boring job, but it pays the bills. As a perk, I often times get to play at work. *looks around for his supervisor.* I started D&D a long time ago when the white wizard graced the cover of the first edition players handbook and through the years have played a more bash style game in various pen and paper groups. Layonara was both a pleasant surprise and a learning experience for me, one I've grown to love, much to my spouse's dismay as my Saturdays and Friday nights are now spent online. Sundays are suppose to be family day, but If I beg hard enough, sometimes I'll be here. I'll leave you all with a quote most should recognize- I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve. - *smirks* seeya ig. *some 8 years later*Wow, where does the time go!? and The written word is merely a glimpse through darkened glass at the changes within ourselves and others.    I'll stick the form this time I think.  I've grown lazier in my old age. :P<span style="font-weight:bold">Forum Name:</span> cbnicholson

<span style="font-weight:bold">Login Name:</span> Knightsfollytoo

<span style="font-weight:bold">Age:</span> To young to be a grandpa at 43!

<span style="font-weight:bold">Sex:</span> All male, all the time, but sometimes it's nice to stretch yourself.  (RP wise, you filthy animals!)

<span style="font-weight:bold">Location:</span> Southern MN, where it's too cold 3 mos out of the year, but not Canadian cold usually!

<span style="font-weight:bold">Timezone:</span> cst

<span style="font-weight:bold">NwN Experience:</span> Here, a little bit elsewhere, a bit more somewhere else, but I start and end here for various reasons.

<span style="font-weight:bold">PnP Experience:</span> As above.

<span style="font-weight:bold">Occupation:</span> As Above, but I've moved on to Recycling and Redeploying all the technological bits and bobs that a modern medical institution tosses after being fully depreciated.  *notice I did not say appreciated, Hint: It's an accounting term*

<span style="font-weight:bold">Characters Played:</span> My goodness, as above, plus a dark elf (never got much traction from him) A halfling (same as first, I'm too tall to play a short char well, hard to relate. :P), Daniel Benjamin Poetr is my main presently, Jo Poetr, Stephen Poetr, Charlie Poetr (seeing a pattern here?!) and Delia(still making some mental adjustments, bear with me!).<span style="font-weight:bold">What I like to see IG:   </span>RP banter, a little back and forth using your character's mindset as the start.  Disagreements are good, standing for what your character believes in is fine, but at the end of the day, we're people behind the keyboard.  Players who remember that tend to stay and have the best time in my experience. Hint: if you are role-playing, a friendly tell is a nice reminder that avoids hurt feelings -  Even if your character is a jerk!.  Just saying.<span style="font-weight:bold">What I dislike to see IG:</span>  Griping, griefing, rules lawyers who take it too far, and those perfectionist grammer and typing weirdos.  Why let perfect be the enemy of good enough I ask?
« Last Edit: April 29, 2019, 03:00:41 pm by cbnicholson »
"Give a man a mask and he will show you his true face." 

Oscar Wilde

The following users thanked this post: RollinsCat

Falonthas

Re: well its about time.
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2007, 05:39:03 pm »
bout time ya bum

Skywatcher

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2007, 06:30:22 pm »
Thanks for the info.  Nice to know the person behind the character

stragen

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2007, 10:43:14 pm »
Namaste

Xirion

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2007, 04:27:50 am »
Hey *waves*
...and I thought I was late introducing myself :p

ShiffDrgnhrt

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2007, 10:05:13 am »
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

Hello Bilbo

Talia

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2007, 04:05:18 pm »
So nice to see you admit to having a sister...*giggles and runs off*

anything