The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: A Night Out  (Read 169 times)

darkstorme

A Night Out
« on: July 18, 2006, 12:21:15 pm »
// Note - This is the first of these I've written in a while, but I've determined that there's only one solution.  Have fun!  // Second disclaimer - I do not claim to have any knowledge of the drinking preferences or company of the personages named in this puzzle.  It's all made up.  (So asking them won't help.)  One night, at the Wild Surge, Ozy, Rufus, Rhizome, Talan and Xiao settled down for drinks and discussion.  They chose a round table in such a way that each of them would have two neighbours, then placed their orders.  Shortly, the drinks arrived: Dark Dragon Pilsner, Green Forest Draft, Silver Buckle Gin, Will O'Whiskey and Xeenite Red.  Now, the following was true that night: [list=1]
  • Ozy and Talan were having a difference of opinion, and as such would not sit next to each other.
  • Xiao was recovering from a nasty case of mummy rot, and his stomach wouldn't take hard liquor or wine, so he stuck with a beer.
  • The individuals with green and red drinks sat next to each other.
  • Rufus' neighbours were drinking Dark Dragon and Will O'Whiskey.
  • Rhizome had recently had a bad experience with good gin (too much good gin, sadly), and so arranged to sit separated from the gin-drinker.
  • Beer drinkers tend to cluster, and this table was no exception.
  • Talan and Rhizome were sitting next to one another to discuss their latest adventure, and each tried the other's drink.  Neither tasted beer that night.
  • Ozy refused, on principle, to sit next to the lone wine-drinker of the group; Talan raised his glass to the wine-drinker in a comrade's salute.
 So....
  • Who sat next to whom?
  • What did everyone drink?
 Note: Green Draft and Black Dragon are beers, Xeenite Red is wine.    Post 'em here or PM me and find out whether you make your INT check! *grins*  Edit: Correct answers so far:

Stephen_Zuckerman

Re: A Night Out
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2006, 01:00:42 pm »
Wow. Very well done, very hard - keep 'em coming.

LynnJuniper

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2006, 11:11:15 pm »
*stares at it and dies*

darkstorme

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2006, 06:20:21 am »
Edit: Posted correct answers so far.

Thak

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2006, 08:53:24 am »
Nice one, provided a good mindjogging on my trainride home. ;)

darkstorme

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2006, 08:47:57 am »
Three takers?  Any others going to step up, or shall I retire this in favour of the next INT check?  *grins*