The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Always loved drum corps  (Read 106 times)

Hellblazer

Always loved drum corps
« on: May 15, 2008, 01:48:25 am »
And I have to say this one just blew my mind.

YouTube - Top Secret Drum Corps

Stephen_Zuckerman

Re: Always loved drum corps
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2008, 03:39:19 am »
Well done, but a little sloppy on the snares throughout. A good, solid, flashy show, with a pile of good-looking basic stick tricks and one truly original bit that I just loved - the snare fencing.

The Guard was just sloppy, though, ugh. The turns weren't that bad, but the rest... I could catch missteps and hesitations.

As nice a show as it was, though, I have to say I was expecting a bit more from a drum corps.

Hellblazer

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2008, 03:53:03 am »
Well I don't know when you think that it's one of the first band that are not from the commonwealth and or military to perform at the Edinburgh castle... they do have something of the higher standards. Not to mention that it was their first appearance at the  Edinburgh military tatoo in 2003.

Stephen_Zuckerman

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2008, 04:34:59 am »
I can understand if it was their first real show that year. I was under the impression that this was a competition. Goes to show my ignorance, I guess.

Hellblazer

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2008, 04:57:52 am »
It was their first appearance ever at that competition.

Stephen_Zuckerman

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2008, 05:14:16 am »
First time in show is one thing. First time in competition for a high-calibre drum corps is wholly another. Doesn't matter if it's the first competition of the season or the first competition in a given venue. Or even the fiftieth.

If it's not the first show, or even third show, it should be utterly perfect.

I'm not saying it wasn't a good show; it was. But it wasn't as good as it could've been.

Alatriel

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2008, 02:11:28 pm »
I guess I'm not that picky, I thought they were awesome!

anything