The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: another 40K thing.  (Read 281 times)

lunchboxkilla

another 40K thing.
« on: October 04, 2006, 11:54:35 am »
After reading a book, and playing dawn of war winter assault. I'm putting my space marine armie to rest and moving to imperal.

I have a quick question.

What is good to spend my points on? I'm making a machine cult army, which is divoid of Ogryns, psykers and Comisars (if you read dark adeptus,) they have mostly engine seers and sargents. I cusomized an engine seer too have the 4 arms tech marine back pack and I'm gonna use him as a tech marine (rule wise :P). Just waiing till most of my army comes in and what not.

Oh yeah take a look at this I love this video

http://youtube.com/watch?v=fCLRCXcReQk

Doc-Holiday

Re: another 40K thing.
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2006, 12:02:59 pm »
........... nerd

CHAzz

• View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: October 04, 2006, 12:09:59 pm »
    As a mainly Tyranid player, I suggest only a few heftier models.  Spend your points on lots of the cheaper units.  Opponents either spread out in an attempt to take out everything you throw at them, or they'll concentrate on taking out your big guys and leave themselves open to flanking by your mass of ground troops.  as I said though, keep in mind that I typically play 'Nids.

As a side note, you don't happen to know where I might find the (discontinued) Boxed Army of the (discontinued) Steel Legion do you?  I've been kicking around the idea of using them to make a Genestealer Cult.

lunchboxkilla

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2006, 12:17:00 pm »
    Yeah but you'd have to hit my place

Polak76

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2006, 11:45:35 pm »
    Dawn of War & Winter Assault - what a fantastic game.

A pity that even after the next expansion we may never see Tyranids involved.

lunchboxkilla

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2006, 06:16:38 am »
    That's after that, with the dark elder *grinning*

I DEMAND YOU WATCH THE MOVE!!!!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=fCLRCXcReQk

Polak76

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2006, 11:24:28 pm »
    Have you seen the clip to the WH Fantasy they're bringing out late 2006/ early 2007?
    It's awesome - Cleric of Sigmar besieged by chaos army and rescued by wood elf.  Then the greater Demon of Khorn drops in!  Best I've seen in a long while.