The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: BG quotes anyone?  (Read 534 times)

Guardian 452

BG quotes anyone?
« on: October 05, 2006, 08:40:41 am »
Baldurs Gate II was one of my favorites.... many funny quotes in there!

Lets see why not start with Cespenar!

Mmm? What's this? You gots hammer? Bhaal once drop hammer on big godly toe. Jump around and swear for days, he did. Kicked poor me all the way to Baator....Very bad week, that.

Guardian 452

Re: BG quotes anyone?
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2006, 08:54:09 am »

Lilacore (talking sword)

I know... find some rich and kill them!.. Then find someone richer and kill them too... HACK AND SLASH YOUR WAY TO FORTUNE.... WOO HOO!!!!

crazedgoblin

RE: BG quotes anyone?
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2006, 08:59:01 am »
*guard*
  should of joined the army...

well this is actulay all they say lol, in the starting castle atleast

Filatus

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2006, 09:04:53 am »

Favourite dialogue by far.:D

Imoen: So... Sarevok. You've had an itty-bitty piece of my soul in there for quite a while now. What's it been like?
Sarevok: Well, other than a slight obsession with my weight and the resurgence of a few pimples, it's been simply grand.

Guardian 452

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2006, 09:05:49 am »

Boy: Um... you're an elven lady, aren't you? Why are you always frowning?
Jaheira: I... I am not always frowning, I... oh, go away, child. Why are the children of this city so annoying?

Filatus

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2006, 09:09:02 am »
Sarevok: Ranger, turn your rodent's gaze another direction! I will not be scrutinised as though by some ridiculous divining rod!

Minsc: Boo has an uncanny judge of character, but you... you give him trouble.

Sarevok: I'll give him more than that if this continues! I nearly conquered a nation! I will not be judged by a creature that stores nuts in its cheeks!

Jan: Hey! I resemble that remark.

Sarevok: Trust me, gnome, you do not want to partake in my wrath this day.

Minsc: Food storage aside, Boo controls himself far better than you do. Do you see him ranting about mere glances? Let's look.

Sarevok: What?

Minsc: See? No rant. In fact, now he is snuffling about for a comfy place to sleep. Admirable restraint.

Sarevok: I'm still in Hell, aren't I? This is insanity.

Minsc: Ah, finally a calming look comes across your face. Boo's handiwork, no doubt? Doesn't that feel better?

Sarevok: Let's... let's go kill something. Soon.

Guardian 452

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2006, 09:13:19 am »
Anyone else think you could replace mazzy with Triba or Acacea in the following scenario?   :)

Yoshimo: Brave halfling lass! With the scurrying of little feet you throw yourself into the fray. It is so cute to see the little ones fight. Like a fearless samurai you are, Mazzy.
Mazzy: Honestly, Yoshimo, I am sick and tired of humans and large folk calling me cute!
Yoshimo: I cannot help it! You are like a miniature prophet of doom.
Mazzy: Oh, shut up! I won't seem so cute if I break your legs.
Yoshimo: I meant no offense, Mazzy. You should be flattered! I don't think you're ugly...
Mazzy: If you wish to end this conversation without bruises, you will silence yourself now!
Yoshimo: Yes mistress.
Mazzy: And don't call me mistress!

crazedgoblin

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2006, 09:22:23 am »
lol priceless!

Guardian 452

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2006, 09:37:25 am »

Minsc - Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a sword and he can feast on the meaty marrow of evil!

Edwin Odesseiron - Elminster this, Elminster that. Give ME 2000 years and a pointy hat and I'll kick his arse!

Weeblie

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2006, 09:47:05 am »
"Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!"

Fatherchaos

« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2006, 09:50:31 am »
Best quote of all time:

Minsc: There is no hope of ever separating Minsc and Boo. Boo is small and evasive, and there is ever so much of Minsc to search!

And the whole dialogue with the Troll cook who made his fingers into sausage for his captors and didn't understand why you the player would not get up on the table to be cooked; that was simply priceless.

Don't forget the conversations with Blinky the Beholder and the impetious Imps who love a rousing game of eye spy!

*starts installing BG+expansion+BG2+expansion for no apparent reason*

laurabunny

• View Profile
    « Reply #11 on: October 05, 2006, 10:46:37 am »
    Fatherchaos - 10/5/2006  12:50 PM

*starts installing BG+expansion+BG2+expansion for no apparent reason*

Arrgh... me too.  I'm going to have to split my time amongst schoolwork, NWN, AND BG now! Thank you very much, Guardian!  :p

Guardian 452

« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2006, 11:35:17 am »
    LOL

Minsc - Despair not! I shall inspire you by charging blindly on!

Lilarcor - What's my status? Since when do you care about me unless I'm impaled in something's guts? Oh well, fine, let me think for a minute... Well, as a matter of fact I would like to register a complaint. I want to kill a dragon. Right now. Go find one and kill it. That would be SO cool!!

Cespenar - Mmm... old rations? Do you clean pack sometimes or just pretend?

Cespenar - Ohh a book!  Is good bedtime readings maybe!?.... No... is Tome of Golems... Yetch!.... Booooorrrrring!

Guardian 452

« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2006, 11:38:38 am »
    Did any of you play the Mod, The Darkest Day?  was a pretty big one!  was fun!

Hellblazer

« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2006, 01:12:55 pm »
    man I never thought that game was so funny, I was always stopped by the poor quality graphic of it should have stick it up for a while.

crazedgoblin

« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2006, 01:37:45 pm »
    the spell icons in BG 1 and 2 are the best

silverdraco

« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2006, 01:42:58 pm »
    Guardian 452 - 10/5/2006  5:40 PM  Baldurs Gate II was one of my favorites.... many funny quotes in there!  Lets see why not start with Cespenar!  Mmm? What's this? You gots hammer? Bhaal once drop hammer on big godly toe. Jump around and swear for days, he did. Kicked poor me all the way to Baator....Very bad week, that.    

yea thats a funy one. reminds me of that goblin I think he is from the 1st and 2nd expansion of NWN. Forgot his name but he talks about the same. creatures like that can be funy if you let them.

LordCove

« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2006, 02:03:28 pm »
    "A den of stinking evil! Cover you nose boo....we will leave no crevice untouched"
    "Squeek!"

"Come close.....that my hamster may get a better look of you."

The Darkest day was good....but I found had a few bugs.

I even made my own Playable character Lord Cove...a young lad taken from earth and having to put up with everyones banter. He came complete with his own soundsets too ( my voice-over...chuckles )

And I made an expansion for BG1 called Rise of the Del Alorion....basically was D and D Advanced. ( ie....was hard....with loads of new spells and items and areas and.....everything )

crazedgoblin

« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2006, 02:16:08 pm »
    silverdraco - 10/5/2006 9:42 PM
    Guardian 452 - 10/5/2006 5:40 PM Baldurs Gate II was one of my favorites.... many funny quotes in there! Lets see why not start with Cespenar! Mmm? What's this? You gots hammer? Bhaal once drop hammer on big godly toe. Jump around and swear for days, he did. Kicked poor me all the way to Baator....Very bad week, that.
     yea thats a funy one. reminds me of that goblin I think he is from the 1st and 2nd expansion of NWN. Forgot his name but he talks about the same. creatures like that can be funy if you let them.  

Gribble....erm no whats his name Groval :D hehee

Guardian 452

« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2006, 03:45:36 pm »
    LOL I finally played thru HotU while my cable internet was cut off... Grovel was cute....

Its break time now...Yes!  No?!  maybe!!!???   Noooo