The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Bioware Under New Management  (Read 256 times)

lonnarin

Bioware Under New Management
« on: October 26, 2007, 03:36:02 pm »
Just noticed a news story that Bioware's holding company is being bought out by Electronic Arts for 860 million dollars.  Not really news, but still more newsworthy than whatever Britney's smoking right now.

EA to pay over $800M for VG Holdings - Oct. 11, 2007

The following users thanked this post: Grid Blader

ShiffDrgnhrt

Re: Bioware Under New Management
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2007, 04:32:50 pm »
Good  EA!!!  Thats the SECOND VG Company EA has bought out that I like.  First Westwood Studios (Famous for the Original Command & Conquer Games and the Dune Series) and Now BioWare...

lonnarin

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2007, 05:17:07 pm »
I'm eager to see what they would do with some of the RPG staff from the old bioware teams.  EA has been very innovative with its SIMs game regarding social interactions and not only artificial intelligence but what I would dub artificial psychology.  It would be fun to play a character whose in game stats and abilities were modified by more than just HP loss and XP gain, but more nebulous concepts like depression, aging, career goals, etc.  Now I just wish they would get the original Black Isle Dream Team together that worked on Fallout and Baldur's Gate.  They were such great campaign and character writers.

ShiffDrgnhrt

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2007, 06:12:52 pm »
*grumbles about EA*

ShiffDrgnhrt

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2007, 08:57:38 pm »
omg...  a KotOR mmo?  *hurls*

vitor

• View Profile
    « Reply #6 on: October 28, 2007, 03:20:55 pm »
    Odd things are happening on game industry, Bungie (Halo) left Microsoft...

lonnarin

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2007, 03:33:25 pm »
    hey now, KOTR rocked.  I would so be interested in making an assassain droid Like HR47 or IG88 and go haywire, slaying all the meatbags in my way.  I hope they have distinct droid classes too... the C3POs heavily into diplomacy, the R2D2s all scooting in there as computer hacker/engineers who healed other droids, and the crazed attack droids and imperial interrogation droids for their fighters.  Each class of them could have vastly distinct model designs per character.  I didn't like the feel of Star Wars Galaxies and only played it for a week before cancelling... the gameplay was too much like stock WoW/Everquest.  I've played and replayed KOTR I & II however, about 3 times each.